Hey guys and girls,

i haven't been on here in ages since my mind has been thankfully quite quiet for months. But i can feel the obsessions slowly returning and it's scaring the hell out me worrying about how bad it 'might' get. i've had the occasional intrusive thought usually when handling cutlery i get horrendous images that tbh i cannot even bring myself to write down. But my main worry at the moment is the fear of my boiler exploding. Everytime it's on i get at least one sudden and random image of a loud bang and a massive wall of fire engulfing my flat, like i can actually visualise it happening vividly. At times i've started to think about giving up my home and moving back in with a family member, though they don't know about these thoughts. Also over the past few weeks i've been trying to quit smoking, i did smoke 25 a day but using patches i've got it down to an occasional cigarette every couple of days. However the first week or so of trying to quit i fell into a deep depression and my intrusive thoughts were relentless, it was like i'd lost a limb or something, i feel like i need an addiction, like i need some kind or 'hit' to get me through the day and when the horrible thoughts start my attempt at quitting just goes straight out the window :(