Nobody knows whats wrong with me ???

I've completely lost interst in everything,everuthing in life has just become a choir the tt races which are on at the moment used to excite me now I can't even be bothered to watch them

You have not lost interest in posting,

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi bruces - i think medication may well be a way forward for you. i know not all meds work and not all people respond to meds.....but there must be some you haven't tried and there really could be one (or more) that really would help you.

When you are depressed it is so difficult just to get through day after interminable day......if some medication can pick you up - lift your mood - you can really start to help yourself.

Please try contacting someone with the view of seeing a (different?) psychiatrist.

I suffered from depression - thankfully only for a short time...........meds really helped me and gave me my life back.

OCD then reared its ugly head.....eventually meds helped me with that too.

Take care :original:

whitebeam

Bruces I'm sure you've tried many different types of meds but vrtually impossible that you've tried everything & what about combinations of medications? where one hasn't worked on it's own it can be very effective combined with something else to do the trick for you.I had tried just about everything & i mean just about everything, I had that many hospital stays all kinds of shock treatments, the latest treatment that came out you name it& I couldn't get better & I was stuck in the pit of major depression fo so long.I was told I seem to be treatment resistant but my Doctor didn't say this in an offensive way he said it's been tough to find something but we don't give up& we keep going until we find the right mix as difficult as it is.

I just want to say this to you again to let you know that it can be achieved not only really can but does :original: .

What are you doing to try and change the negative self-talk you feed to yourself Bruces?

It's hardly surprising you feel as low as you do when you constantly feed yourself such self-loathing.

It's thought that a cognitive approach can be as affective in depression as medication but it has to start with you making the decision to make those small changes. If you bombard yourself with negative messages all day, that is what will result, negativity and depression.

I know it's not easy when you're depressed.....but you can make changes, you can resolve to try and change the self-talk. You can decide on things that you will do on a daily basis, even when you don't feel like doing them. Sometimes it's a "Fake it 'till you make it" approach that helps.

As the old saying goes "You are what you eat".........similarly, "You are what you think" and your low mood is responding faithfully to the input you're giving it.

Can you try a different approach, even though you don't quite believe it? It has to be a better option than the current pattern :)

I'm nearly 40 and I feel my whole life has just been wasted

These are the sort of statements, the negative self-talk which help to keep you stuck.

I try to find a reason to like myself but I can't find anything,I've messed up with pretty much everything now

In a way, just like the OCD you have to stop searching for reasons and just "Be" for now. It's rumination, going over things, scanning your mind, having an internal dialogue all the time. You have to try and ease up on this aspect

Bruces I know this is the Depression talking a lot & perhaps the OCD as well with the obsessional thoughts& or rumination too.I think you need to try to challenge this as much as possible for e.g the thought says I ruined everything & responding with maybe where is the evidence? If you think there is sort of such evidence you can try to challenge this you aren't & weren't well at all & I'm sure you done nothing out of clear intent to hurt or offend anyone.And very likely anything can certainly be redeemed & people do have understanding at the end of the day, I doubt really people out there will be holding things against you at all :original: .

Yes I suppose it is but there's so much to deal with

Maybe so......but all you need to do is start :)

You have to work on this negative self-talk, the rumination, to look at what you're actually doing to yourself. I'm not surprised you feel wretched, you spend every waking moment telling yourself these things and how dreadful life is, what a waste of space you are. You can change it.

How's about this evening, just as a start.....you catch those negative thoughts and try not to debate and converse with them?