Nobody knows whats wrong with me ???

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's appalling that treatment is left to CPN's who are not trained to treat OCD, nor are they trained CBT Therapists. It strikes me it's a numbers game where it can be shown that people are being "treated" albeit by people without the specific training.

Having said that, no therapy will work unless a patient engages with it.

I think the GP may be worth another visit and ask for more targetted therapy

I think it's appalling that treatment is left to CPN's who are not trained to treat OCD, nor are they trained CBT Therapists. It strikes me it's a numbers game where it can be shown that people are being "treated" albeit by people without the specific training.

Having said that, no therapy will work unless a patient engages with it.

I think the GP may be worth another visit and ask for more targetted therapy

Self refer via Gp through http://www.iapt.nhs.uk/

yes patient has to engage , deffo !!

And YES disgusting re CPN makes me Cringe , wouldnt treat a cancer patient like it ... would you ?

Edited by Legend

The choice is yours, bruces, as to whether you continue to complain on this forum (which is guaranteed to not change your situation) or change what you are doing to try and find a better future.

Why did your CPN go to him/her - why did you not go? He can't speak on your behalf I wouldn't have thought.

He is a CPN - not a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist who has the training and the experience. What if he is giving his opinion or 'take' on your condition.

This doesn't sound like sound practice to me.

I can't understand why someone as distressed and I would say, obviously, depressed as you is not going to be given more care/support/treatment.

He may not be qualified to diagnose depression. It may not be depression, obviously we can't diagnose, but your distress and hopelessness is evident...............

I hope you are able to get to see someone who can talk to you at reasonable length, maybe do some 'tests' (I think there are scales and so on for some disorders) ..........you need to tell them what you tell us. If you are worried your mind will go blank then write it down - they would rather have a full picture.

First off......find out who would be appropriate for you to see........I don't know how you will find who you could see - via your GP, via your CMHT (Community Mental Health Team - you probably know that).....

Good luck

whitebeam

Guest nervous

I don't know but he's pretty sure I'm not depressed because I can function and do things

In my 20s I was morbidly depressed for a couple years and I worked a full time job at the time. But believe me I was not right, and the way I viewed my circumstances was skewed to say the least. I got a bit of help but basically when nobody could help any more and with enough will and time I got out of it myself. Your in a bad place Bruce and you have to take control of it yourself, sometimes people get depressed and they just need a little support to bounce back, that isn't the case for everyone as I think you are aware of. Not every healthcare provider will be able to help you but there will be some doctor who can help and in the end it is you that is suffering not them so make it your priority to get help that will actually help you.

I've like this on and off for approx 26 years about the same time ocd reared it's head I have been in a better frame of mind before but I've never been what you would call happy,i think that's my character to be honest,I was told I was a happy child but then I changed,I have such a negative self destructive mind I don't have positivity,the depression and ocd sucked that out of me years ago :(

Bruces, it may have sucked everything out of you, but you need to do something to start regaining what OCD's taken from you, so what are YOU going to do tomorrow to try making some kind of positive change in your life?

I do try to tell myself I'm not useless as inferior to others but when in the past I've been let go from one job and downgraded in another it's hard to discredit that evidence,and it's always been the ocd or low self esteem that's done it