Nobody knows whats wrong with me ???

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynz - that's such a good idea. I, and others, have said for bruces to take his dad along - but an advocate would be a great idea. I really think, bruces, you need to talk to a psychologist/psychiatris/GP and tell them how bad you feel and that you need help - now.

An advocate could speak on your behalf - with probably better knowledge than a friend or family member.

bruces, please go to see someone and ask for help - if you need someone to help you, this sounds great.

bruces, I think writing down your self loathing comments here is as much a compulsion as seeking reassurance is. It may not be tied into OCD directly, but you just continue to do it with absolutely no positive outcome possible from it. Your using the forum as an outlet for your pain and it's not doing you any good.

I have

yes totally agree, you have lost your mind . Thats why your consistent in your search for annswers but given up at same time

cest la vie

you could get the best therapist in the world , they could help , they really could .... help help help , but only the person receiving the help can take on board that help and make one

step forwards

Choice is change , change is choice.

Hi Bruces - I saw earlier on the thread you are drinking "a lot" to be able to sleep. Please bear in mind that the alcohol will still be in your system in the morning - should you be doing the school run? I only say that cos Mr F's outfit has a zero alcohol policy the day before you are on duty. Drinking will not help your depression. Why don't you take five mins to re-read the whole of this thread - there is a wealth of help and suggestions on here to get you started on your road to recovery but its up to you to start making even the tiniest of changes. You can do it. What are you doing today?

Has something happened to make you feel worse? What are you doing to fight back? All of the people who have been offering help and advice have at some stage been where you are now - myself included. Nobody is giving advice that they wouldn't do or haven't done themselves. I like Legend's choice is change, change is choice. Can you do one small positive thing today? I know this isn't ocd related but did you see Rossi at MotoGP - wow!?

I'm doing some jobs around the garage but I'm freaking out because I don't like the place,I really don't like where we live the place is dropping to bits and our cars are old and clapped out and then I look at the state of my psoriasis it seems I dislike every aspect of my life

Guest Tricia

Bruces, the most important thing may be to stop the very thing you feel is giving you some relief and helping you sleep - the booze. I've been there and know how hard it is to stop when very depressed, but it really does just add to our misery.

Edited by Tricia
Guest Tricia

Good. I know how terribly hard it is, especially when we have so few pleasures in life. I used to say 'I'll stop tomorrow'. I wasn't a heavy drinker but it seemed to help me relax and sleep. We can be unaware it's adding to our depression.