Nobody knows whats wrong with me ???

Guest Tricia

...What are you doing to fight back? All of the people who have been offering help and advice have at some stage been where you are now - myself included.

I didn't reply to this yesterday, as it might appear I am nit picking, but I really do have to point out that no one can say they have been where Bruces is now. We have all suffered, but we can never be sure we have been in another person's situation. Each and every one of us is different, also we respond differently to therapy, medication, diet etc.

Bruces, I have friends who speak about this thread and who feel very sorry for your situation. If writing here helps you then I say carry on. I know many of us won't tire of listening, but is it really helping, that's the important question. If you could get out in the fresh air and do some vigorous exercise, or listen to music, would that help more?

I know you said walking didn't help. For some people it doesn't, but something more energetic might. It was the only way my mother was able to lift her deep depression. I don't know how much your OCD prevents you from doing certain things, but could you join a club where you could take part in some kind of team sport?

Edited by Tricia
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tricia

P.S. I've been reading up on exercise and depression. it appears that intense exercise is best. Studies have also shown that it works better than medication.

I was reading a book, recently, by a doctor who seems to have everything in his life and is incredibly cheerful and upbeat. I was absolutely shocked to read that he contemplated suicide, many years ago (came very close to carrying it out, but circumstances fortunately prevented him). He used to suffer terrible depression. I am not comparing him with you, as he probably didn't have OCD etc., but it was quite amazing to read how this very upbeat, happy man, was once so very low and how diet, exercise (vigorous!), meditation and other changes in his life turned things around completely.

I think many of us, when depressed, feel all is hopeless and of course we have so little energy, so, even if we contemplate making changes, we have no impetus to do so, and change seems impossible - as well as pointless. The problem is, we might think we'll wait until we feel better to make any changes, but it's rare for the depression to lift until we do. A catch-22 situation.

I went to see my gp yesterday and he's doubled my medication but the experts don't seem to think meds are helping me,I know I should do more years ago I used to go to the gym and enjoyed swimming but with now having psoriasis I feel a little bit too self conscious because of that,I also know leaving my previous job wasn't a good move for me as I've mentioned before,I berate myself everyday for it but I know there's nothing I can do to change that decision.

Guest Tricia

How much help have you had with your psoriasis? Have you been told to get plenty of sun on your skin and has that ever helped? Sometimes a food intolerance can make it worse, although I appreciate stress is often a major factor. I have a cousin who had psoriasis very badly, but she's been free of it for some years now.

I've had the creams and the UVA light treatment which was quite good but it's only temporary and I got really bad prickly heat from it I was up all night itching myself!!! I'd just love to have clear skin and a sound mind it would be awesome

I went to see my gp yesterday and he's doubled my medication but the experts don't seem to think meds are helping me,I know I should do more years ago I used to go to the gym and enjoyed swimming but with now having psoriasis I feel a little bit too self conscious because of that,I also know leaving my previous job wasn't a good move for me as I've mentioned before,I berate myself everyday for it but I know there's nothing I can do to change that decision.

Hey there Bruces I'm very sorry to hear how you're going, I don't think you've found the right meds yet personally to be honest.Have you ever been on any combination od medications at all? What about Seroquel? which is great for treating instabilizing moods,anxiety,help reducing the thoughts with OCD also. :original:

Have you pushed on the Psoriasis treatment? Some of the modern options can be very effective.

I have a friend who's Son had very disfiguring Psoriasis and it is now completely clear. He has an injection (I think) once a month.....I'm not sure if the treatment's referred to as Biologics???? It's also used for Rheumatoid Arthritis and works on the auto-immune system. It may be worth asking about but I do think it's something you have to push for, it's not routinely prescribed but if it's having such a significant effect on your mental health, that may be in your interest

Guest Tricia

I have heard of that. It really is worth looking into, Bruces. (Although biologics can suppress the immune system)

I am reading a book at the moment by a well known American doctor who uses medically supervised fasting for many conditions, including psoriasis - with amazing results. I am not even sure there are clinics for this in Britain and it's certainly not something that should ever be undertaken without great care and regular medical testing and constant supervision.

Edited by Tricia

It's very disturbing to think I've had ocd and depression for over half my life I turn 40 next month which I'm not looking forward to

I think this is part of the problem Bruces, your outlook and point of view, I know it is a little glass half empty/full, but I have seen you post this type of message multiple times. Last night at my support group I had someone say they had decided to not let OCD take the next X of years after it had taken the first x years of their life. It's a much better way to view the situation, and the more you get yourself into a glass half full mindset, the more it will help in all areas of your life.

I understand depression makes everything seem bleak, but your messages remain as bleak as ever so I am not at all sure we are helping you. I suspect you need to help yourself more though before we can help you.

Guest Tricia

A friend of mine is having an anti cancer drug for his psoriasis but he has 70% percent coverage it's a very aggressive drug that requires constant monitoring

Be very wary of such treatment, Bruces. I've just been looking up books on psoriasis and reading some samples. It can be cured for most people without dangerous drugs. Look up this book: Psoriasis Total Disease Elimination Plan. Many doctors are unaware (or unwilling to admit) that there's a more simple cure than drugs.

- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Psoriasis-Total-Disease-Elimination-Plan-ebook/dp/B00XHPR1DE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435071606&sr=8-1&keywords=psoriasis+norman

See there you go Bruces you haven't probably tried combination of meds which could surely be the trick the same that has helped with me but you haven't tried them yet,it's virtually impossible for any individual to have tried every single medication & even combinations out there possible even if you've been on that many.There is something out there to help you trust me, I know it's tough but you have to owe it to yourself to seek the treatments.No offence to your CPN but for example if they aren't helping you I really think you need to see someone else immediately& the same goes with your other health professionals I do believe.

I've also just turned 40 & for years I had every medication really out there you name it & my Doctor said I think we need to look at a combination of meds here it took a fair few shots but finally we got there.The negative thinking you have no doubt is strongly associated with the depression,I know it's hard to change especially when you've been so low but you can do it you need to keep trying to push for the change, seek the new treatments, maybe try to contact varying hospitals near you,speak to your GP again about seeing someone else different& telling them absolutely everything they will see all the medications you've been and look at a different treatment no doubt.

Guest Tricia

Me, for one and anyone with this kind of OCD! You are being far too hard on yourself, Bruces.

My dad used to say you just know when a bolt/screw is tight enough, but those of us with OCD haven't got that ability to know. We realize if it's too loose it's a problem and we also know being too tight is bad. I asked my dad how he knows when it's tight enough and he said you just do. Well, we don't, and it's not our fault!!!

Edited by Tricia