:(

Guest Hope12

I'm feeling really convinced today that I am infact a pedophile. I can't talk to anyone else about this because it really does feel real to me. Basically I was at a kids party today and there was a kid there around 8 who was a cute kid and quite good looking if u can say that, anyway I feel I took a liking to him and I'm seriously convinced that it was a real attraction, for one, why was I only really interested in speaking to him? Because he was cute? He also seemed older than his age? Now i feel sick with worry and disgust that this was me 'fancying' this boy. The worst part is I don't know if I do.... I also did notice a few other of the kids there seemed attractive and I'm worried I am just really attracted to kids and sometimes I feel I want them to notice me? I can't really explain but it's like I'm trying to make them fancy me or something? Like I show off in front of them? Why else would I do this now I'm worried I must be flirting? I feel SICK with myself. It is horrific because they are only children. I really don't know where to turn because this feels real. Does anyone else feel this attraction and that it seriously feels genuine???

I really don't know where to turn because this feels real

All OCD feels real. If it didn't it wouldn't have the power to affect us like it does.

Try your best now to label this as OCD (despite the awful doubt) and resist working this out in your head. It will only make you worse

Of course it's going to feel real. The thoughts come from the same place as all your other thoughts, your brain. OCD thoughts feel just as real as any other thought.

Realize this is OCD and treat it as such. Ignore the thoughts and watch for compulsions. Refuse to go over the thoughts in your mind.

When you all say "real" what about when the ocd thoughts bring up valid points. Is that still ocd?

For instance, if you get the thought "I want to kill my teenage daughter" and then you realize that the two of you have been fighting a lot lately and you have been wishing she'd go live with her dad. Is that still ocd? Those are valid points, aren't they?

Now i feel sick with worry and disgust. The worst part is I don't know if I do.... I feel SICK with myself. I really don't know where to turn because this feels real. Does anyone else feel this attraction and that it seriously feels genuine???

How do you think that these thoughts and feelings compare to that of a genuine paedophile?

I think these few lines alone reveal exactly what's going on here. OCD thrives on this type of thinking and doubt! Think about it; if it didn't 'feel' real, where would the anxiety come from?

100TaD!