• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Moole is getting seriously annoyed now :fish:

I wish there was a pill or injection you could give these people that would let them experience OCD, extreme anxiety or panic for as little as 2 hours, then they might begin to appreciate who really demonstrates strength.

Having been a very limited Twitter user.....I'm in danger of becoming prolific regarding these "Twits"

Very cross :taz:

Thank you carolj for the link.

How they let her on on OCD Awareness Week I cannot imagine. Susannah did keep mentioning anxiety - but it just got lost.................

I think I shall write to GMB - I wish the facebook link was still there - as you say, carolj - very adult!!

i am so furious!!!! Those of us posting on the GMB thread which was deleted have now moved on to their 'please vote for us thread', but expect to be deleted or banned!

Also there is a long thread on Michelle Mone's own Facebook page which you can add to. (Im not great with twitter and dont really understand what I am doing!).

I see though Mone has also posted on twitter 'they forget what I have done to help the charity over the years'. What charity is that?

Can't believe GMB have a serious item about Global Hand Washing Day this morning, shame they didn't deal with OCD in the same way!!!

Yesterday happened, can not change it but we simply have to step up our work to ensure things like that don't happen again. I am doing three radio pieces over the next 24 hours, and hopefully through that I can challenge unhelpful comments about OCD through positive work.

Good news Ash! I know people dont like the Daily Mail, but they have done a whole page about it this morning and I do think the headline is very apt 'Baroness birdbrain'!

Am out and about for Radio Interview at lunchtime, will pick up a copy to have a look.

Yesterday happened, can not change it but we simply have to step up our work to ensure things like that don't happen again. I am doing three radio pieces over the next 24 hours, and hopefully through that I can challenge unhelpful comments about OCD through positive work.

Yet ex rugby player Brian Moore makes a crass joke comment this morning on twitter after the radio 5 talk about ocd

Quote this talk about ocd on 5live keeps going over and over the same thing ....... Deary me

I do intend writing to GMB but what I want to include is the current accepted definition of OCD because I'm sure that it mentions 'considerable distress' and/or the time taken up each day by compulsions. I will have a search but if anyone does know it that would be great.

Michelle Mone is saying that it's from her experience and that's fine......... but not if it isn't actually OCD and she is claiming it is - especially as she hasn't been diagnosed....

She is on the defensive though: and hopefully the strong response will discourage others from trying to treat small obsessions as a "badge of honour" and examples of OCD.

Edited by taurean