Not been on for ages - need some help

Guest Lyn77

Hi guys I've not been using the forum in ages as I felt it was part of my compulsions. My ocd now feels like it's back with a vengeance it's not even like just one obsession I can have like 20 different things a day that I'm obsessing over and making me feel anxious and sick. Im not giving in much and only very fee times have I searched the Internet when I'm feeling like this. Most of thr time I carry on and live my life trying to ignore the thoughts. I've been feeling really stressed lately and not sleeping well what can I do moving forward? I take it just continue to ignore?! Thanks guys and hope everyone is well x

Sorry to hear you are struggling. I think if im honest this forum is a bit of a compulsion for me too.however it is also a massive help so i think you did the right thing coming on for help.

I would say be kind to yourself and treat youself so the stress subsides and hopeflly the ocd too.

Have a plan eg.if you dont feel better in a couple of days go to drs.or re read any books that helped you in past.go out and get a new book or dvd or what ever your thing is.

Hope it soon passes.

Continuing your life and ignoring the thoughts is a good thing. That's what you want to be doing. However, it is very easy for you to be participating in subtle, covert compulsions that you aren't aware of and they can be keeping you stuck. Calm down and take stock of what's going on. Are you Googling about things? What about ruminating? Identify where you may be falling down and put in a concerted effort to leave those compulsions alone.

Oh, and eat chocolate! It's yummy!