There's got to be more

There are other options (DBS etc..) but they would be difficult to access on the NHS and would be quite expensive privately. There are various trials that you can volunteer for on the NHS but would have to meet certain criteria like having tried intensive inpatient CBT which I would recommend you try first before going down the surgery route.

Hope you feel better soon bruces.

I can't take it in there's just so much information

Bruces, you are looking for a quick fix option, a magic pill, a magic light switch. I am afraid it does not work like that, you have to be prepared to work at recovery and previous threads have suggested that is not something you have been overly proactive at? (sorry, but it seems to be how I read your threads).

Guest yinyang

I can understand how being severely depressed can give you a negative attitude but surely you must have a goal?

You want to be free of OCD and depression right?

So look at that as your positive outlook, that's what to aim for.

CBT is hard and you have to put the effort in for your end goal.

Infact I would say that if you don't come out of a session with your feather's ruffled, then your not putting in enough effort or your therapist isn't doing their job properly.

If your having trouble taking in all the information then tell your therapist and he/she will be able to adjust to suit you, it's nothing to be ashamed of

I'm so deeply depressed I find it hard to engage and then when I've been my ocd kicks in and I try to go over the meeting word for word, in such a terrible place at the minute alls I can think about is when will life end

Guest yinyang

"Many things add up to create a very difficult situation on top of the ocd"

Yes unfortunately that's the case for most of us also. That's why it's important to be as open with your therapist as possible

Edited by yinyang

It hasn't though lol my mind has been at the heart of every problem in my life and has ruined every aspect of it,it really annoys me when you read these sayings like suicide is a permanant solution to a temporary problem and suicide is never the answer,don't get me wrong I'm not about to kill myself but I know my problems will only end when my life does ?

When I moved to a place where there was support and built upon that, life came good. As scary as moving may be, why don't you be an inpatient at an OCD centre, build up your strength, get good advice and clarity and then you'll have a clearer idea where you can try again at life

Well you aren't going to know these things at the moment and it isn't the time to sort out the job situation etc. those things are too complicated for a sick person to even contend with thinking about. So don't try to sort it out in your mind for now. Can your GP not give a written referral to an OCD inpatient centre? That would be all you need to do at the moment. Get a GP referral to an OCD centre and then everything will sort itself out once you are in an inpatient program.