Becoming a phone volunteer?

I just wondered how we can apply to become a helpline volunteer, I have suffered with OCD in the past but am happy to call myself an ex-sufferer due to getting help, CBT and meds. Is there any space at the moment for helpline volunteers? If so where do I start? Thanks

That's some good thinking Emma, I would like to apply too. I am nearly always awake past the Witching Hour and although I still suffer from OCD, it's not of a variant that would mean that I wouldn't be able to communicate effectively and precisely (I speak a great deal more concisely than I do when typing my words).

I would like to know any info. regarding volunteering in general if you know of an umbrella volunteering website. I've had a looks and found one or two, but I can't verify how precise these applications are. It would be fantastic if you could help us (Emma too) to help other peeps. Thanks.

TTG,

The charity's always looking for volunteers, not too sure if there are roles available for help with the telephone lines.....I'm sure though, if you email Ashley at: office@ocduk.org or give him a ring on 0345 120 3778 he'll be able to help with more info :original:

Hi,

Hal is right but if you have not already emailed can I ask you to message Beth (beth@ocduk.org). We are in the process of arranging new dates for volunteer training, I think late Feb or early March and again in April.

If you email Beth she will get the ball rolling in the application process and we will confirm available dates in the next couple of weeks.

• 3 weeks later...