Reasons to keep fighting

Been thinking about this quite a bit recently and thought it might be helpful if we share the things that help to keep us going in the battle against the ocd and the depression that can accompany it - especially on those tougher days.

For myself a main inspiration was watching a 6 year old fight back at ocd and win.

On a really tough day a walk outdoors in woodlands can make a massive difference to my ability to cope even if I am very low and having a very bad day.

So what helps us, inspires us and gives us that extra something that enables us to keep going?

Sara

very nice idea. and nice motivations both of you.

One of my main motivations is my family. I'd like to be back in the place where I can visit in a totally comfortable way with them (contamination ocd interferes with this) Especially the kids in the family--they are all so great and I wish I could be fully present to them.

also what motivates me is the feeling of freedom every time I drop another compulsion or face something I was avoiding :)

Guest wackybrain

My reason is for my son who is only 3 months old. I look foward to the freedom from ocd and not being in that cloud and the mood swings and just being the mum i desired!! ?

Guest Hollyb123

My amazing husband, my family!! (Especially my mum who has got over OCD! Inspiration) ....my dreams of starting a beautiful family with my husband once I am better xx

Love this thread!! My reasons are my husband and soon to be 4 babies. But most of all my reason for fighting is for me. I deserve to be happy and have peace of mind (we all do!!!) and I won't stop fighting until I get there x

Like Polar, I keep fighting because the view from this side is lovely. Not feeling anxious because I haven't done a ritual or feeling guilt because of something I felt responsible for that was nothing to do with me is so liberating. I have blips, I did this week but I know how to keep going.