Dirty Filthy Love

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tizzkins

Hi all just to let you know that on sunday night at 9.00 on itv1 there is a drama called Dirty Filthy Love which is about a man who suffers from tourettes and ocd, the co-writer of the drama is also an ocd sufferer. And guess what we are even getting two hours viewing.

Take care all

Liz x

Guest Chrissie

Hi everyone,

Did anybody else see the interview on ITV’s “This Morning” programme? Ian Puleston-Davies, who is an actor, author and recovering sufferer of OCD, has written a drama based on his experiences struggling with OCD. The drama, called “Dirty Filthy Love” will be screened on Sunday 26th Sept. at 9pm. It looks as though it will be a powerful story.

Ian Puleston-Davies came across as very honest about his long struggle with OCD and emphasised several times that he did not want to patronise sufferers or their families in any way.

chrissie.

Guest FobicFairy

:dry: The title Dirty Filthy Love is certainly going to pull in the crowd, has anyone noticed this is one of the most viewed links on the site.

Lets hope there is a big increase in interest after the show. What about giving details of this site to the prgramme makers to give out after the programme???

Yknow, if you are anyone else you know are affected by this disorder, you can get more information by contacting blah blah, worth a go???

FF

Guest mothtoaflame
I have heard via the Tourettes Association that 'Dirty, Filthy Love' is to be screened on ITV on Sunday 26 September 9-11 pm

I just saw this on front of one of the tv guides whilst at the shop. Conveniant really ..... right after Monarch of the Glen :dry:

The Tourettes Association have just had an advanced viewing and have given positive feedback from the TS perspective; an 'accurate portrayal'. I think a lot will hang on this programme and it could be the break we are all looking for (fingers crossed)

Hi all

As this programme is on National, Primetime TV isn't it quite possible that a good number of people with OCD who don't know they have it will be watching? Is it worth making arrangements to have extra help available on the phone and on the board to field calls and enquiries?

I don't know if at this stage it is possible to get OCD-UK listed on the 'If you have been affected by issues in this programme' page they often have at the end of programmes like this? Ashie???

Depending on my work commitments next week I might be able to volunteer to be online after the programme to help with this. Anyone else?

Hi All,

This show will generate publicty for the conditions, but please don't pin too much hope on it being the big breakthrough, because with the few that are aware they have OCD already struggle to find help, a few more thousand may be made aware they have OCD, but that will simply add to the crowded waiting lists.

We are to be listed at the end, but in what context I dont know. We can't bring in any extra staff for the helpline because we only have one line available anyway. I have left my diary free to take any calls on the Monday, but I am not sure if there will be too many.

I have just spoke to one of the producers and at the end of the show there will be a number listed for anyone affected with OCD or TS, that number will be a recorded message listing all OCD charities telephone numbers and websites. I have told them that I will man the line through Sunday night and Monday. What I want is two volunteers to help me out for any callers that leave messages, I want to be able to email the volunteers the name and number for them to call back. So if anybody is willing to stay up until 1am/2am it gives us that extra coverage.

They are also sending me a copy of the film on DVD which should be with me tomorrow, will let you know what I think.

Hi All,

1. Ashie if you need any more volunteers - I would be more than happy to

help :wallbash:

2. I am really looking forward to the drama now, although I am also really

nervous! No doubt we will all be online tsraight after!!!!!

Love Marah xxxxx :lol: