Positive tips for first weeks on meds

Just to refocus my mind I thought it would be nice and helpful to start a post that people can add to of things people did to help themselves through the first few weeks of starting meds

I find exercise great in the evening I either walk or jog for around 5k . I'm only on 8th day of taking lexapro but trying to brave it out with the side effects feel free to add more tips

Just to refocus my mind I thought it would be nice and helpful to start a post that people can add to of things people did to help themselves through the first few weeks of starting meds

I find exercise great in the evening I either walk or jog for around 5k . I'm only on 8th day of taking lexapro but trying to brave it out with the side effects feel free to add more tips

It's a long time ago since I was put on medication, but a few years back when I had a bad episode you know what got me through? x-files box set!

Belief that if I could get through the initial side effects, and also get my excessive level of anxiety down, the meds would be beneficial.

Also, doctor prescribed some medication to counter the initial diarrhoea I suffered with the meds.

Edited by taurean

My sleep is really bad fall asleep no problem lexapro makes me really sleepy but then I could wake at 1:30 or 2am my mood is pretty low too.

I've been on lexapro 9 days but I skipped 2 after taking the first 2 because my wife was afraid of me going on them the doctor gave me Xanax to help take the edge off its really hard at the moment because I've harming OCD like that I could attack my two co workers or my wife and baby I don't want to think this way at all !!! My GP rang last night to check on me I told him the harming thoughts were more severe he asked me did I feel suicidal I said I don't and I don't I just worry that with my mood so low il lose control or give in or something. The week leading up to this breakdown I was waking early too he gave me 7 sleeping tablets too I took one the night before last and still felt groggy yesterday I drive an hour to work so I tried not taking one last night and woke at 1:30 I took half a tablet at 2 and lightly slept till 6 . I asked the GP if I could be put on seroquel again as that seemed to help last time he said they can't subscribe them together anymore because of an interaction with the heart so I'm stuck in a sever state finding it hard to distract myself the call with the GP kinda disheartened me because I thought the seroquel might help me through he said we could try a different med instead of the lexapro but I'm afraid I'd be starting over again and I think I did well on the lexapro last time just hate feeling like this

I've just started Zoloft and have a bunch of side effects also. What bothers me the most is loss of focus and not being able to concentrate. So I don't think I can work like that.

Glad to hear some tips also.

Any experience how long it takes for the side effects to dim?

Side effects and length will vary per person.

If sleep, or the opposite fatigue, is a problem, try taking them at a different time of day - the drugs change how some of the neural connections in our brains function.

I take my Citalopram no later than 19.00 hrs, or it keeps me awake.

Edited by taurean

I take the lexapro at 9:30 and around an hour or so later it knocks me out and then I wake at 1am soon don't know what to do with it really I can't take it earlier in the day because I need to drive an hour to work maybe I should try taking it later anyone else ever have this issue