help with suggestions please

So my GP rang the community mental health nurse

she rang me and i went to the local hospital and had to go through an intensive but very friendly screening

they were very nice to me to be fair i am suffering with harming OCD .

Im after leaving work over it a few times over it i am going through the local hospital as an out-patient

They decided that i needed a change of medication i was on lexapro 10mg for just over two weeks but my anxiety rocketed and was going downhill with the intrusive thoughts becoming worse.

It worked for me before just because it didn't work for doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. but i found it a lot tougher to cope this time around last time i was on it was 6 years ago.

I have been changed to MIRTAZAPINE ACTIVIS .

The consultant wants me to taper off the Lexapro so initially she wants me to take the new med Mirtazapine 15mg and seroquel 50mg at night and the lexapro 10mg in the morning but the lexapro makes me tired i think at night so i said this and she said i could take it at night too. I am just afraid of Serotonin syndrome so i dunno should i wait and try the lexapro in the morning to see how i go . Any suggestions from any of the members here would be greatly appreciated

Just to add i rang the pharmacist and she seemed to think that that happens commonly enough i just wanted to get a few other opinions always

get good advice on this forum its why in times of crisis and to check in now and again I'm so glad it exists . :original:

Hi John I don't have any experience with changin meds like this but just wanted to say hang in there as u know he tough a time you are having just now! Glad you seem to be getting support from your local hospital. Hope it all settles down for you soonx

Hi there just to let you I've been on these medication before and it didn't help me I actually got worse but when I come of the other two and went on mirtazapine on its own it help out a lot with my OCD a lot and I was functioning again for a long time and swear I would never come of mirtazapine if you payed me a million pounds but I come of in the new year due to so much weight gain that's the only reason I also have the same OCD has you I have thoughts of harming to now I've been med free this year and doing better than ever but I am struggling with the thoughts more the last month and looking for something else to try! Just remember everyone is different tho what didn't work for me might work for you! Good luck with everything and keep strong x