Thought I was almost free of OCD, but no

Hi there

It has been a while since I posted on here. Partly because I thought my OCD had become quite mild and didn't affect me the way it used to. I still had moments, but I had OCD more or unless under control. I have checking OCD.

Today I was doing the party bags for my daughter's birthday and I really struggled to do them. I couldn't remember what I had already out in the bag or I doubted myself about what I had put in and had to start all over again many times. If one of my children interrupted me in my task it was even worse. I got hot and stressed. Although my OCD has been more or less under control, my general anxiety is still a huge part of my life that it is almost chocking me and I have been so, so stressed about the party for weeks. It has made me feel really anxious and really low. This party bag thing distressed me, as it showed me that the OCD is there and could get me at any moment ?

I have been so, so stressed about the party for weeks. It has made me feel really anxious and really low. This party bag thing distressed me, as it showed me that the OCD is there and could get me at any moment

Hi Sarah, long time, no see. Sorry it's because you're struggling but nice to see you anyway.

OCD can always spring up at stressful times and catch us out which is probably why it's reared it's head just now. You know the tools you need to use and that's resisting the compulsions like the checking. It's too late with the party bags now but never mind. Be on your guard for these checking compulsions and refuse to buy into them. If you can force yourself to defy those early urges, this will probably pass quite quickly......buy in at your peril :(

When you're doing lots of jobs and you can feel that stress rising....back off for an hour. Go make a cup of tea and do something less stressful. Remind yourself that you do know how to deal with this.....you've proven that and you can do it again, so don't panic.

How many children have you now? When you were using the forums I remember you having your first.

Caramoole :)

Hi Caramoole

I have two now. My eldest is 6 in May. My youngest has just turned 3. How time flies! I feel so guilty when I talk about them, as I am not a great Mum. Due to my anxiety I get so stressed and irritable. I'm so proud of them, that they shine even with having me as a Mum. They are having t put up with a very anxious Mum with low self esteem and low mood. I don't feel people understand me and am feeling lonely. I therefore thought I would drop a line on here to say hi. It feels like coming back home