Truth be Told: A journey from the dark side of OCD

Well again your perception is fantastic. I do think, thinking back, that although it was a type of checking compulsion, it was more a case of trying to prove myself I was a pedophile, rather than trying to prove I wasn't. After having horrible thoughts involving children for the better part of 35 years, I was whipped. It's something we don't talk about very much, that people can reach a point where they believe their thoughts are true and there is no fight left. You're just assaulted every day, for so long, that you just give up and believe you are what your thoughts have been telling you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it took me thoroughly too long (mostly because I didn't know what I was doing) but I just ordered a proof copy of Truth be Told from the printer. It should arrive early next week so that I can proof it and make sure there are no glaring errors. If all goes well, by this time next week my book will be available in paperback on Amazon all over the world.

Fingers crossed.

17 hours ago, PolarBear said:

If all goes well, by this time next week my book will be available in paperback on Amazon all over the world.

Fantastic! Well done you....this will be me and, I'm sure, lots of peeps.......:book:

PolarBear,

I just finished it. It's an incredible book, a fantastic story. And more than that it underlines how different OCD can be from the general perception of someone who likes to put things in order or wash their hands. 

Identifying my problem as OCD has pushed me to seek help. I've lived with it in some form or other since I was a kid, and it has grown up with me. About 25 years of doing nothing but feed it with compulsions that I didn't even realise were compulsions because they were all in my head. If there was better knowledge of the illness and I'd known what was wrong maybe I would have done something about it sooner. This book being out there is one step towards a better understanding of OCD.

I'm a musician and an album of mine coming out later this year is mostly about the thoughts I have rattling around my head, written before I even knew what kind of illness was causing them. I do hope maybe one day someone can identify with that music when it's out there and be helped the way I've been helped by your book. At least then there'll be one positive thing that comes out of all that lost time staring into space and fighting a war with myself.

Again, a fantastic book. I'm so glad everything worked out for you, you sound like a really good guy and your story has given me some hope.

I've never reviewed anything on Amazon before but will go there now.

Thanks again, and huge congratulations on the paperback version.

All the best

On 16/06/2016 at 19:30, PolarBear said:

It should arrive early next week so that I can proof it and make sure there are no glaring errors

I wished I'd made a note because I did see one......nothing major but a definite typo.  Will have to speed read and see if I can find it!!

14 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

I'm sure there is one or two. It went through 4 edits by me, 2 edits by a professional writer and had 2 beta readers go through it. Still, there's likely a typo or two that got missed.

It was very minor.  Somewhere in the back half of the book....If I can find it I'll tell you where

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go whitebeam. Here's the link to the Amazon.co.uk page where you can purchase the paperback version: Here.

Not sure how long that link will work. Right now the Kindle version and the paperback version are on two different pages. Apparently, from what I've read, the two should sync up in 48-72 hours and they'll appear on one page.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...