The Little Book of OCD

The Little Book of OCD is my second book, published at the same time as Truth be Told: A journey from the dark side of OCD. It's available in electronic format on Amazon websites.

The Little Book is just that: a little book. It's the pared down version of what everyone needs to know about OCD: what it is, how it manifests, what obsessions and compulsions are, CBT, ERP, medications and more.

I loved this book - it's been missing from my collection because I don't think such a book existed. 

PolarBear has met this need and some. 

It does what it says - explains the fundamental cognitive side in a basic format, uses good but necessarily minimal examples - but gives the reader the tools to relate to their own manifestations of the disorder.

Meds considerations are presented in a nice balanced way - easy to see the pros and cons. 

And, as I think is logical, ERP comes into consideration only towards the end of the book, and how to best carry it out is beautifully presented. 

A great effort that certainly, for me, ticks all the boxes for a small but effective overview of the disorder. 

I give it 5 stars :57439eb60db27_thumbup:

Edited by taurean
Clarification
  • 1 month later...