Am i going to hell for my OCD

hi 

i have ocd  Religious OCD and harm OCD  i think i also have transgender OCD ...i am Christian  for sometime i have been i felt that i was transgender Non Binary i have done nothing to change my sex and i have not taking hormones etc ( am born female )

but with my religion i feel like am going to go to hell for being trans  my niece who is 21 thinks i have the mental age of 15 or maybe younger ( am 40 )  i am very scared that i am doing things that will make me go to hell 

i also have blasphemous etc  i dont think am trans   am scared am going to go to hell for doing what av been doing :crybaby:  

Hello Alice.

I'm not going to answer your question about whether you're going to hell or not. You are asking for reassurance and that's a compulsion.

If you have OCD, and it sounds like you do, you need to learn to deal with it properly, which you can learn through Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. 

12 hours ago, Gothic Alice said:

hi 

i have ocd  Religious OCD and harm OCD  i think i also have transgender OCD ...i am Christian  for sometime i have been i felt that i was transgender Non Binary i have done nothing to change my sex and i have not taking hormones etc ( am born female )

but with my religion i feel like am going to go to hell for being trans  my niece who is 21 thinks i have the mental age of 15 or maybe younger ( am 40 )  i am very scared that i am doing things that will make me go to hell 

i also have blasphemous etc  i dont think am trans   am scared am going to go to hell for doing what av been doing :crybaby:  

God gave people minds to think with so that they could make their own decisions in life. Trans people are not evil, they are not abominations and they are not going to hell. The evil things in this world are the things that cause harm to others, trans people cause no harm to anybody. God created them and he made them who they are, God made people different for a reason. :)

16 hours ago, Phili said:

i have ocd  Religious OCD

It's important that we try and remember that we're talking about OCD and not beliefs.  I know that it's difficult (when we have beliefs ourselves) not to get into why God wants only the best for us etc etc.....but in this instance it is simply reassurance....something we shouldn't be giving in this way, just as we wouldn't reassure about contamination, harm etc.

These are intrusive, unwanted thoughts and we have to try and deal with them as we do with other types of intrusion :)

3 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

It's important that we try and remember that we're talking about OCD and not beliefs.  I know that it's difficult (when we have beliefs ourselves) not to get into why God wants only the best for us etc etc.....but in this instance it is simply reassurance....something we shouldn't be giving in this way, just as we wouldn't reassure about contamination, harm etc.

These are intrusive, unwanted thoughts and we have to try and deal with them as we do with other types of intrusion :)

I was trying to make her feel better but I suppose that was reassurance wasn't it

As an atheist I believe that there is no such thing as heaven or hell, and that there is no God either, and personally I can't understand why anyone would believe in God when there is no evidence at all for his existence, but in this context that doesn't actually matter really because that is my belief and not yours, and this doesn't really have anything to do with religion but has everything to do with OCD.

In your case you wanting to know if you're going to hell for your OCD is a compulsion just like any other, and is not actually based on any kind of religious belief. This is why it needs to be treated as OCD - OCD that for some reason has decided to focus on your religion this time around.

I think it's important to separate OCD from your religion. That way you will be able to get better from this. Understand that your OCD is attacking your religion because it is something that is important to you, and not because there is any truth to your fears. Another person with OCD who is religious might use their religion as a source of support, in the same way that someone who is not religious might lean on their family and friends for support.

Work at stopping your compulsions first and not reacting to the intrusive thoughts.

Incidentally I also suffer greatly from OCD centred around worries about being transgender, so I can empathise fully with that (but again, it doesn't matter what the theme is at the end of the day. All of them have to be treated in the same way).

Thank you all for replying to me  ,  I keep saying things like Jesus is coming soon over and over  its kinda comforting me 

My husband isnt here at the moment he looking after my mums pets as she away for a few days  my sister is here with me  she getting ****** off with me 

my sister cant look after the pets because my mum and sister fell out :faint:

he back on monday 

Hi Alice. Saying things like "Jesus is coming soon" over and over again is a compulsion and will only fuel your obsession. Try and stop doing that if you want to feel better. What you need to do is everytime you get an intrusive thought that bothers you, don't do anything at all, you have to just recognise that they are OCD thoughts and that they don't mean anything, and just let the thought sit there mulling over in your mind and don't react to it. Allow yourself to feel the anxiety and don't do anything to try and reduce it, and just try and get on with your day. If you do this whenever you get an intrusive thought eventually they won't bother you at all when you have them, and they will go away, but only if you don't react to them when they appear.

Edited by Lynz