Feeling on edge like and feeling affraid.

I think we all get that, JamPot. It's horrible, isn't it?

Feeling anxious and feeling on edge is an awful thing to cope with in OCD and I for one have found it really difficult because I can't settle on anything. I also feel as though I don't belong at work and always feel like an outsider, and am always tense whenever we go out because I always anticipate feeling like that. I like you am also afraid of what will happen in the future; if I'll ever shake free of the fears and get a bountiful job and home of my own and live a decent life. 

I find mindfulness helps in these cases - as well as reading up on the condition, such as Manage Your Mind. Mindfulness; with calm music and meditation techniques, getting back in touch with your body, will help bring your attention back to the current moment and help slow everything down. I've been able to find greater focus on my passions more recently, particularly reading and writing poetry and it's been a great help. Are you on anti-depressants or anything like that?

Wishing you all the best

C x

2 hours ago, Cub said:

I think we all get that, JamPot. It's horrible, isn't it?

Feeling anxious and feeling on edge is an awful thing to cope with in OCD and I for one have found it really difficult because I can't settle on anything. I also feel as though I don't belong at work and always feel like an outsider, and am always tense whenever we go out because I always anticipate feeling like that. I like you am also afraid of what will happen in the future; if I'll ever shake free of the fears and get a bountiful job and home of my own and live a decent life. 

I find mindfulness helps in these cases - as well as reading up on the condition, such as Manage Your Mind. Mindfulness; with calm music and meditation techniques, getting back in touch with your body, will help bring your attention back to the current moment and help slow everything down. I've been able to find greater focus on my passions more recently, particularly reading and writing poetry and it's been a great help. Are you on anti-depressants or anything like that?

Wishing you all the best

C x

Hi yes am on 20mg cipralex anti deppresant

I know the feeling. I am in the middle of my longest OCD anxiety attack for a very long while. Usually I can settle myself knowing it will only last a couple of days, but this is just going on and on for almost 2 weeks now. Of course, I didn't recognise that I was obsessing so I gave it full rein, not realising that all I was doing was giving in to the compulsion to ruminate over and over.