Mental Health Pics for "Inktober"

Hi All

BoredPanda.com reports that October is artist's month "Inktober" and one artist has themed their work for the month on different mental health issues: OCD is in there.  http://www.boredpanda.com/for-inktober-i-focused-on-mental-illness-and-disorders/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=BPFacebook

Worth a look, although the pics are a bit harrowing for most displays. Well executed and thought out though! 

Tez :artist:

Mostly very good, especially major depression, PTSD and autism. However, the one I understood least (and related to least) was OCD!

Didn't convey my contamination issues at all. :no:  Still, of all the disorders OCD probably has the broadest spectrum in variety, making it very difficult to encapsulate it in one image. We'll let him off the hook. 

Biscuitcat, I liked the comedy ones too. Particularly lying down with 'NOPE' above, and the phone call one 'Why don't they just text!!!!!' I've said that one more times than I can count.

The unexpected visitors one struck a chord with me too. Trick or treat night is looming. :( I don't get flashbacks or panic attacks any more when the doorbell rings, but my heart races and my hands shake for about 20 minutes and I'm powerless to stop that physical reaction even though I now stay mentally calm and chilled.

Heigh ho, it's only one night of the year, right? :(  And it isn't for another ten days so I'm not going to think about it until dusk on the 31st. :) 

We take the battery out of the doorbell on Halloween. 

Mrs Roy is deaf anyway so doesn't wear her hearing aids that night and watches TV in her den with the subtitles as usual. 

I turn the lights off at the front of the house and retreat upstairs during the early evening "witching hours". 

4 hours ago, snowbear said:

Biscuitcat, I liked the comedy ones too. Particularly lying down with 'NOPE' above, and the phone call one 'Why don't they just text!!!!!' I've said that one more times than I can count.

The unexpected visitors one struck a chord with me too. Trick or treat night is looming. :( I don't get flashbacks or panic attacks any more when the doorbell rings, but my heart races and my hands shake for about 20 minutes and I'm powerless to stop that physical reaction even though I now stay mentally calm and chilled.

Heigh ho, it's only one night of the year, right? :(  And it isn't for another ten days so I'm not going to think about it until dusk on the 31st. :) 

The nope one is so good. And sometimes it's so true, even if it's not because of anxiety, sometimes I just want to lie down and be left well alone!

Because we have two doors (flat a & b) I intend to stop people ringing the bell by putting a pumpkin and a bowl of sweets outside so kids can help themselves. Then I may fill the bowl up every half an hour or so if it's busy. I don't want to have to keep getting up to open the door once the cats are in for the night. Hopefully that works!

2 hours ago, biscuitcat said:

I intend to stop people ringing the bell by putting a pumpkin and a bowl of sweets outside so kids can help themselves

What a very good idea......Have 10 Smartie points That Girl :lol: (scratches head and wonders why I never thought of something so simple?.....Duh :blush: