Struggling so terribly at the moment nothing is getting any better I've completely lost the will to live,I don't want to hurt family I really don't but I know there is nothing left in life for me,I'm in mental and psychical pain I really don't think I can carry on much longer and don't think I want to :( 

Guest tigerlady

It sounds cheap, but I hope things improve soon. I've been there, and I know how it feels to want to end it all.

I'm not gonna start waxing poetic anout how great life is now, or how I'm glad I saw it through. That's just gonna sound fake and cheap (Easy for me to say, right.) What I will say, is this.

You're still here. Even with the want to end it, you're still breathing, and existing. So, there must be some part of you that wants to still be here. Somewhere in there, there's a piece that's still going.

It doesn't have to be small, forever, though. It can grow, and be big again. You can want to live, again.

Just focus on being here. On the breaths you take, on the blood flowing through your veins, on the synapses in your brain. Focus on getting through the day. Don't think about anything else but this day. The future, tomorrow, don't matter.

Just today. Today is all that you need to focus on, get through.

Slowly, but surely, it'll get easier. I promise it will.

28 minutes ago, bruces said:

I'm backed in a corner I've nowhere to turn I can't access treatment because of work,,I'm done for 

Here we go again. Talking yourself into giving up. Telling yourself everything is impossible instead of looking for solutions. 

These things you tell yourself are what keeps you going round in circles. 

I'm going mad I know it 

Driving yourself mad, more like. :dry: 

How does telling yourself you're going mad make you feel?  Desperate, scared - a little crazy, perhaps? 

What you tell yourself influences how you feel. You tell yourself you've nowhere to turn and then complain life's backed you into a corner when in fact you have got options available but are refusing to consider them. 

Taking time off work isn't easy, but it's not impossible either. You like to think of it as 'impossible' because you believe that absolves you from having to go to therapy.

Telling yourself you're done for allows you to wallow in self-pity and depression instead of looking for ways to get better. But even then you look for external solutions to come along and rescue you and ignore the fact change has to start within you, not outside of you. 

Getting started is as simple as changing the story you're telling yourself.

You need to allow and accept change before change is to happen. All this hopeless talk is you in denial, pushing change away.