My Idea

Guest TotallyVirgo

Guest TotallyVirgo

I began writing a book a few months ago. The concept is a little girl that is growing up with a "best friend," who keeps her safe, reminds her that she needs to do certain things, and to double check everything. The older she gets the more of a bully her friend becomes but she just cant seem to break away from her. Her parents cant figure out why she never has her friends over to hangout or sleep over, and she cant really explain to them why. In the last chapter of the book, it opens by revealing that she is now in her 20's and has been telling her life story to her therapist but in order to explain her anxiety and thoughts as she was growing up she has assigned them a name. In the last paragraph in the book, her therapist speaks for the first time and tells her that she has OCD. She takes a deep breath in and closes her eyes and says, "so i'm not crazy."  And that's the end of the book.

But i haven't even gotten through the first three chapters and i think that i have bitten off more than i can chew with this one. I think that i might want to collaborate with someone else and help them to develop my idea into an actual book. What do you guys think? 

i actually wrote a book once and got it published, its about ocd but not written to explain something and its not informative at all. the book is mainly about her time in a mental hospital, and with her therapist. the book is written to be funny, even dough its about a diffucult theme. 

i actually have no responses or ideas for you, i find it hard to give that without seeing the language in the book sort of, i dont know, but i think a book about ocd can be helpfull, and be kind of a support for someone struggling. 

Guest TotallyVirgo

Oooooh! I would love to read your book! Where can I buy it? And any response is a good response! Just hearing about your experience and idea is helpful. I think more than anything I'm looking for reassurance maybe?

Guest TotallyVirgo

Yeah I try to be upfront about my OCD. Most of the time i am well aware of why I'm doing the things I do or why I ask certain things. My therapist and I are working on asking specifically for what I feel like I need but if I can, resist the urges. And it would be cool to read your book but I'm not Norwegian ?