OCD latched onto sleep!

Hey guys, I know I just recently made a topic but I am genuinely worried about my sleep. About 9 days ago I had a night of insomnia and anxiety out of the blue and since then I've found it near impossible to sleep. I have slept a bit (some nights 3-4 hours) but others have been none. I lie awake very anxious wishing the anxiety would not be there and I could just sleep. Tried mindfulness, but the frustration and fear can be too intense to settle.

I'm also battling a relapse of my OCD theme which has been drawn into the situation. Thoughts like:
"If I finally sleep tonight I'll know I'm getting better and can start to relax!"
"If I don't sleep tonight it means something's still wrong!"

I feel quite stuck. If I have a good day of battling my OCD effectively, I still get the thoughts "So what? You're still going to be lying awake all night anxious again!"
I do have melatonin tablets which I've been trying to avoid but might have to give them another go. Any advice would be much appreciated. 
Thanks! :)

Edited by Will321

Thanks for the reply. :) I think acceptance and a "so what?" attitude are needed, I've just placed a huge importance on my sleep which is definitely back-firing. 
I'll give it a go. I also have had to accept the fact I've got a new obsession, which was probably keeping me up in the back of my mind. I did some "core values" analysis and found out OCD is ripping into one related to a close family member, so hopefully now I can also get to work on everything I've learned from the past obsessions and who knows, might even help with sleep. :)