Tips for Exposure?

Hi guys, so recently I've had a bit of a relapse regarding my OCD with has unfortunately latched onto my mum. Interestingly a little incident which happened last year sparked some anxiety and worry around her but actually got better and through most of this year, life was moving forward nicely and the thoughts were only mildly bothersome and sometimes completely absent. Unfortunately, I thoughts came creeping back last month and unfortunately has blown everything out of proportion. I now have the obsession about whether me and my mum are close, whether I love her or not and obviously leads to a lot of guilt which guessing is part OCD too, as I understand it's attacking a core value (the relationship between someone I've always been close to!).

I've been brushing off the old mindfulness (ACT) and have already cut down on ruminating and especially acting "extra nice" or something to reassure myself and my physical anxiety levels have began to decrease. 
My mum and I are actually going to London this weekend and I had to option not to, but of course I'm going! That avoidance would make me feel worse ultimately. I was wondering if you guys have any tips for exposure, maybe some good ways of challenging myself, is there such as thing as "thought exposure?" where you purposely think the worse case scenario and then wait it out?

Thanks guys!

Thanks :) Yeah, I think it's all about the mindset you have before walking into it. Inviting the difficult thoughts and feelings to take hold and be willing to sit it out with any reassurance. I think I've done it before and does help over time. Guilt is a bit of an issue right now and makes me want to "correct it" so I'm going to work hard on that. :)