Honesty With My Therapist

Hey all, so I've recently hit a major bump in the road and am relapsing big time. Despite having all this awareness I feel I need a helping hand, especially as it's been affecting my sleep big time!
Recently I haven't been totally honest with my therapist, I sometimes avoid bringing up certain worries or topics out of fear of what they're going to say but on Wednesday I am going to be real with him, mention the anxieties surrounding my mum (which I feel guilty talking about, but I need to), my lack of sleep and even might have to bring up my past sexuality OCD which is better now but was indirectly linked to this triggering event regarding my current obsession. I feel it's going to be very tough, but I know I need to do it! I'm trying not to view it as a sign of weakness.

Maybe bottling up worries is what's been causing this feeling of dread to creep back over the last couple months? Who knows. I'm going to London with my mum this weekend and I'm just going to go with it, have a good time, take a leap of faith and maybe even learn from it so I know what to say on Wednesday. Sorry if this seems like a pointless topic, I just wanted to get it out there. Hopefully this will be one big learning experience and beneficial for the future! :)

I think it's good to be honest with your therapist. I remember going to the doctors and explaining about my POCD worries, she just looked at me and smiled and said, I've heard that one before, we best get you some help. 

Its surprising what they have heard before. 

I am also relapsing at the moment, grrrr! Very fustrating. Wishing you a speedy recovery. :)

Thanks cupcake! Yeah it's amazing how quickly things can change. One week you're fine, then the next...not so much haha. Hope you feel better soon too! :)
Let's try and view all this as a learning and strengthening experience. :)

Good luck! Definitely be honest with your therapist.  I struggled for ages telling them about my nephew (I had contamination fears and as he cut himself a lot it was a big problem) but I felt so guilty! Once I told them we were able to tackle that fear in the sessions :) 

Hi I'm new to this forum

ive suffered with OCD for ten years on and off worrying about everything from my sexuality, peadphillia and hurting someone. It's crippling and I've suffered in silence. I'm thinking about going to my GP and being honest. I was wondering how do people break it to there doctor what should I say? I just clam up and feel a total freak with my thoughts