Had a good day yesterday.  Staying with family and coped with many times when things were placed on the floor and my contamination OCD went mad. Woken up this morning and anxiety is bad. Laying in bed with feet sweating and heart pounding.  Feel I have brought contamination into my mum's house from my shoes and a carrier bag that I contaminated by an incident at a supermarket last week.  Don't know how to get through today. 

Contamination OCD is an exaggeration.

You get a message in neon lights that there is a threat to you and/or others, and it seems real, seems rational, seems necessary to take action. 

Believing it seems easy, the message is coming through the normal channels in the brain. 

But you have to recognise it is OCD, an exaggeration, and put that in perspective. 

Presumably your Mum is aware of your OCD fears, and will give you some support. 

Thanks taurean - my OCD brain recognises I am exaggerating the risk but still there is a risk there and so not to act and to put myself and those I love in danger feels wrong.  

Laying in bed still and planning how I can throw away carrier bag and its contents without contaminating anything else.