So the recent shooter in America had mental problems

4 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

Well technically you could say one part of your brain has defeated another part of your brain. you can choose how you want to see it. defeated, wasted years, experience to get better or how you want to put it.

So many years wasted,I'm so afraid of loosing my familie.i am not there for them.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OCDhavenobrain
6 minutes ago, jampot said:

So many years wasted,I'm so afraid of loosing my familie.i am not there for them.

i know you have anxiety, you see all those thoughts is combined with feelings, otherwise wouldnt anyone have OCD. It is all the feelings which makes us keep doing the same thing over snd over.

And you will feel worse before you get better

Honestly if we are not attacking OCD with force will we havevOCD to the day we die or they come up with a instant cure.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
Guest OCDhavenobrain
9 minutes ago, jampot said:

I don't see how I can live the rest of my life like this.

so what do you have to lose if you went all in and worked on it? 

I always thought I was the person in the paper or news and then it started to interfere with watching crime programs etc. I always seemed re assurance I wasn't this person and that I didn't do that and I should hand myself into the police saying I did it when I wasn't even in that country. It's the biggest OCD trigger there is but in your mind you know truly you wasn't there but it won't listen as it's right and your wrong all the time. Eventually with help from here and cbt I learnt to ignore that thought and sometimes I challenged it for a start " went okay I did and let's go hand myself in then" , you get a big reality shock then or at least I did and then I kept saying "oh well I did, you say I did so I must of" and left it like that, eventually the anxiety loosened and I could handle the thoughts in a few weeks and go "oh that thought again, whatever" and then ignore it and go for a walk or do something you enjoy, go outside for a walk is good because it makes you face your fears and gets you out the house which makes all them 4 walls not cave in on you. 

PolarBear is right, I use to do what you are doing now for a very long time and I use to feel everyone was being tough on me and I felt upset etc. The thing is they wasn't being tough on me, it was me who had to deal with this on my own and in my time. Start off by looking at cbt techniques and try implement them into your everyday life. I'm not going to sugar coat this, it's going to be the toughest thing you will probably ever do but you will come out the other side and then you can pretty much take anything on. Turn the negatives into a positive and change before it takes over as you will find the what's fly by and we only have one life. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain
1 hour ago, jampot said:

Started thinking my thoughts are not my own and my thoughts are controlled..Sorry I

Younhave OCD we get it. You see everyone with OCD will get anxiety and everyone with fullscale panic will have full scale panic whatever the thoughts are.

Wo now what?

You accept it by accepting it. You take a leap of faith that all of this is OCD and you start working on it as if its OCD. And you keep going. You don't have to believe right now that it's all OCD but you have to accept the possibility that it is. I mean, let's face it... You're writing all your problems down on an OCD forum and not a psychotics forum so part of you must realize this could be OCD. Go with that. Start working on the problem as if it's OCD.

1 hour ago, jampot said:

I need a good therapist that listens to me 

i don't want to be like this anymore,the only peace I get is when I'm asleep.

that is no life.

Good. That's a good starting point. I want you sick and tired of the way things are. It makes you more open to try new things, new ways of thinking, new ways of behaving. Literally, what you wrote is the best news possible.

22 hours ago, jampot said:

Started thinking my thoughts are not my own and my thoughts are controlled..Sorry I

Am I right in thinking that if say someone without ocd read about the article in the news and his (the shooter)thoughts being controlled that he could think for a second that his thoughts were controlled but just shrug it off.

But me reading it i think it and it sticks and I can't shift it.

just wondering.