Today's battle

Ok - have been ill with norovirus for 2 days.  Today is family outing to pantomime - all looking forward to it.  Feel washed out but determined to go - showered, hair washed and smart dress on.  Looking for make up - much has, I'm embarrassed to say, ended up in an area I feel is contaminated.  Found lipstick on my dressing table.  Put some on.  Now worried it is one that has fallen on the floor and someone has picked up and put on dressing table.  I am sooooo feeling the need to wash it off and wipe face with antibacterial wipes.  But I'm sticking with it - hopefully the distraction of going out will keep me going 

Hi chelsie! Good for u keeping the lippy on! That's something that anyone without contamination fears would do :) have a lovely time at the panto! What panto are u going to see? I love it but didn't get to go this year, don't usually ever miss it, so much fun! Xx

Good work Chelsie. 

If it helps, before I had OCD, my make up used to end up all over the place, on all sorts of floors! and I carried on using it for years, It didn't worry me one bit! I think that's how most non-ocd people treat their makeup! So just enjoy your day, pantos are great fun ?

An extra battle- sat down for panto and accidentally trod in my mum's handbag strap. She has now wiped it over me several times. This is a real test - the soles of shoes are my worst nightmare.  But look - I'm even using my phone ! 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

funny how you describe how you have had "norovirus" i do the same thing..

I see it as kind of funny to make a tjing out of a normal cold but i shouldn't really. it is none productive in the long run

I think anyone who is not familiar with the real issues of contamination reading your threads will certainly be getting the picture Chelsie. It is awful.

At the moment it is one scenario after the other, but each time you tackle the compulsions you are fighting back - and that is what you need to do. You can also see how, and why,  the connections form.  Only you can gradually stand that sentry down that is screaming threat, it's hard but necessary.

You went to the panto even though not feeling well, and with anongoing  issue re the lipstick to stand up to - that is so good.

Be strong when you get home.  

Guest OCDhavenobrain
47 minutes ago, Chelsie said:

Are you calling me a hyronchondriac, ocdhavenobrain? 

you know what it is very common to find with people with OCD.

And it is important to see that no compulsion is less severe than another

Guest OCDhavenobrain
Just now, Chelsie said:

Perhaps - I'm not aware that hypochondria is a particular issue for me, I'm usually very healthy.  This was a very violent stomach bug, if not norovirus! 

Some compulsions we have is less severe do we tend to think, but we need to eliminate them all in the end. 

Poor Chelsie has  had Norovirus she hasn't got hypochondria!!  You must never have had Norovirus OCD have no brain because it is violent sickness and diarrhoea. You feel awful. I don't think it's very  helpful to go around saying Chelsie has got hypochondria when she has had a horrible bout of gastroenteritis. I got it twice when I used to work in nursing homes and it's really horrible. 

Well done hunny on your success. We also went out to the theatre today and it did me the world of good. Well done you xx

Edited by kittypurry

:) friend! 

Had a lovely day.  I know that my OCD is worst when I'm alone and always better when I'm in company.  Being sick, I kept away from everyone for 48 hours and so it was such a relief to be back with people and to get out of the house. 

Yeah I'm the same. When im on my own it's always worse. More time to think and ruminate.  One of my new years resolutions is if I'm going to be on my own for a while to get out. Go for a walk or take my book to the coffee shop. Just get out. 

What panto did you see?  We went and saw ' the play that went wrong ' up London. Very funny and had a lovely day. Just what the doctor ordered :yes:x

We love The Play That Goes Wrong - and Peter Pan Goes Wrong and Comedy About avBank Robbery! 

We saw Robinson Crusoe with Brian Connelly and Gok Wan.  Very funny.  Having dinner with family then plan to go home and straight to bed to avoid any opportunity for compulsions. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

i just meent that i always use the fancy word for something, did maybe apply my own thoughts on it too much.

wasnt all right in the head today

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

Feeling deflated.  Did a silly compulsion at the end of the day and, even sillier, did it in front of family.  Ended in being well and truly told off.  Made my little successes seem a bit stupid.  Ho hum......