Still doubting

I think I'm the proof that sitting around doing nothing is the worst thing for OCD.

Have been sick for last few days so too much time on my own.  Also can't get out to spend time with other people to be distracted.  Was a bit better for a couple of days but poorly again today :( 

This morning, had to drive daughter to bus stop and she put her bag handle on my hand brake. Contamination OCD went into overdrive though, as I know she puts her bag on the floor.  I didn't say a word but it bothered me all the way home. Have to take car out again in a while.  Everything tells me to go out and clean the handbrake, gear stick, steering wheel with antibacterial wipes first, but I'm trying so hard to resist. 

Edited by Ashley
Edited sad face out of thread title

Keep resisting as you know by doing it you will keep stuck and just add fuel to the fire. 

You can do this. 

With regards to keeping busy whilst you are sick, could you possibly read a good book, get stuck in to a series or even get a colouring book to keep you distracted? Just some simple mindfulness whilst you don't have that much energy. 

Feel better soon :) 

I resisted.  Now back home.  Going to settle down in front of the tv and put it behind me. Small victory. Feel that at this rate it's going  to take a long time to get back to normal this time.  Hoping things might speed up next week when I start cbt.