k having a meltdown

Hey all....
I went back to the nail salon, and the nail tech cut me pretty bad. She went to put some liquid on my cut and when I asked what it was she said it was to stop the bleeding. So she was brushing liquid on my cut that the purpose of it is to go on everyone and anyone's bleeding cuts?!!??!?!? Great. I'm freaking out, I don't even know what that stuff was called, and now my anxiety is through the roof. That cut on my hand bleed through my band aid and would have been touching the steering wheel and who knows what else on the way home. That car I share with my room mates. I feel like I need to bleach everything just in case. This is horrible :(:( Why would they use a product like that on people!?!?!???!?!?

Edited by Ashley
Edited sad face out of thread title
44 minutes ago, hazydaze said:

Why would they use a product like that on people!?!?!???!?!?

Perhaps because it's not the health and safety risk you're assuming...

Keep challenging the core belief there are huge risks to any kind of contact with your own or other people's blood. 

14 minutes ago, snowbear said:

Perhaps because it's not the health and safety risk you're assuming...

Keep challenging the core belief there are huge risks to any kind of contact with your own or other people's blood. 

Thank you, snowbear. I think you are right... I checked in with the owner which I know is a compulsion but she said that it is an antiseptic liquid, as well as they clean the brush that is used (the one that goes in the bottle) prior to use and that it is safe. I still can't know that 100% that they do that, but I'm trying to trust it. And doing my best not to google. 
You're right. That is the core belief, I remember you saying that before.. it's very wise. Just so hard to get a grasp on. But I'll keep working. Thank you xo

Edited by hazydaze

Still feeling really worried about this... not doing too many compulsions at home though.... unfortunately did google what the bottle was and I doubt it's strong enough to kill something as robust as Hep C. 
I just don't even know right now. I feel lost.

1 minute ago, PolarBear said:

You're in the trap of listening to OCD when you should be fighting to ignore it and you are doing compulsions, like Googling, which are keeping you stuck.

I understand, but it really feels like this is a risk ..... they use something for bloody cuts on multiple people... Idk :( I'm sorry I'm sure you're all so sick of hearing about my stuff.

I know it feels like a risk but that doesn't mean it is. OCD lies. Every time. Every time you get an intrusive thought about contamination and you get really anxious, you know it's OCD and that the risk is not what OCD is saying. When that happens you have to hunker down and stop any compulsions before they start.

19 hours ago, PolarBear said:

I know it feels like a risk but that doesn't mean it is. OCD lies. Every time. Every time you get an intrusive thought about contamination and you get really anxious, you know it's OCD and that the risk is not what OCD is saying. When that happens you have to hunker down and stop any compulsions before they start.

Thank you, I appreciate you saying that; that does help, I'm going to keep fighting the good fight. It sucks having a set back like that when I was just feeling so good. But I'm feeling much better today. Again, thank you

I really feel for you and know exactly how you are feeling.  I find that if I give a thought a tiny bit of room to escalate it feels impossible to rein it back in.  I try whenever I can to instantly put it to the back of my mind and move on.  It doesn't always work (at all!) but when it does it's such a victory!