Hand washing advice ?

The droplets of water that splash onto me from the basin when I wash my hands really stress me out. I googled (bad I know!), said it is possible to spread bacteria from basin splashes. Using all my will power not to change my clothes which got covered in dirty water droplets! :angry:  I am avoiding going near my little girl, as I'm worried about her touching my clothes. 

Is it just me who worries about this? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated 

Me too. It makes hand washing doubly stressful. I find myself having to wash my hands again and again because of the possibility of water splashing back onto my hands

I have no words of wisdom other than don't change your clothes. I wouldn't if I had used any sink other than my own which I'm afraid of.

It's really a gross exaggeration Suzi built around fear consequences. 

Only those with this theme would see an issue. That tells you it's the disorder that presses the alarm button - you three all have a problem, I, one of those without this theme, see no threat. 

Edited by taurean
amendment
1 hour ago, comfortscorned said:

The strange thing is that when someone else is having almost the exact same problem it seems obvious that there is nothing to worry about, but I can't seem to transfer the same thinking to my own fears.

I know what you mean comfortscorned, I wish I could take my own advise! When the OCD fear kicks in, my rational thinking goes out of the window! 

1 hour ago, taurean said:

It's really a gross exaggeration Suzi built around fear consequences. 

Only those with this theme would see an issue. That tells you it's the disorder that presses the alarm button - you three all have a problem, I, one of those without this theme, see no threat. 

Thanks taurean, I'm hoping it is OCD exaggerating the thoughts, because my little girl has been climbing all over me all evening and I'm feeling guilty about not changing my clothes.