Doing badly, disappointed in myself

So i was doing well, the important word being was. I am right now, terrified of too much vaginal discharge, i feel a little extra moist. Nipple leakage and one boob being suddenly bigger than the other. These are all things we have covered in therapy recently. i am supposed to be doing homework but i am so distracted by these obsessions that i am not doing it, i keep forgetting. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain
10 minutes ago, Phili said:

I know that but the obsessions are very distracting.  I feel in a daze.

i know right but a sloppy job is better than thinking about the compulsions

Perhaps apply some mindfulness here. I don't mean meditation but doing something to distract you. Something that doesn't require much effort like watching something you like on TV, going for a walk or finding a new recipe to cook. Sometimes when the anxiety gets back it's good to do something like this even when you feel like you don't want to. It's just a good way of getting the brain to engage in something else that isn't to demanding. If you get the thought pop in to your head, acknowledge it as an OCD thought and then move back on to the task itself. Keep doing this and you'll be surprised with the results :) 

Feel better soon 

23 hours ago, Phili said:

So i was doing well, the important word being was.

The important point is that you were doing well, so you know that you can do :)

Conquering OCD isn't an exact science, improvement doesn't chart on the graph in a perfect upwardly sweeping curve.  There are peaks and troughs, there will be challenging flare-ups....it's what you do then that counts.  This is what your therapy is all about, attempting to apply the things that you've been shown....and yes, it's difficult when the obsessions are challenging you but that's the whole point, that's what OCD does. You've had the benefit of a great deal of therapy with a very good therapist, now's the time to use it.  Discuss the area's you're failing in with her, ask for tips.

You know the drill Phili......these are the same things that we were discussing two years back, they are still intrusive thoughts.  Time to really dig deep and get that homework done, it needs to be done.  Get back on track and you'll find you can limit the duration and intensity of this flare up.