Feeling out of control just through a pop up thought!

I left work and went straight to shops to get a few things in, and there was a child kicking me in his pushchair,  this doesn't usually bother me as I have two kids myself, but all of a sudden I got this overwhelming urge to shout out.....you little b! And totally fly off the handle! This then made me feel really anxious as if I wanted to run out of the shop and go mad! Of course I never shouted, cos thats not me and I know ocd can make you feel urges like this! But I just keep having mad panic attacks thinking I need hospitalisation....  Again thinking such things are terrifying me.   I know I shouldn't be reassurance seeking,  but my anxiety is so bad I feel sick and feel like I'm losing my mind....

Please help x

Hey and sorry you are feeling so anxious at the moment. 

Its really awful when things like this catch us off guard and it's very common in OCD for these sort of things to happen. 

Remember that people have thoughts all the time and it does not mean that you will act on this thought, treat it as OCD and try and move on. Easier said than done I know. 

Find yourself a distraction if you can and apply some mindfulness. Do a simple task, maybe read a book, watch something on TV just something to distract you. Let the thoughts be there like background noise and continue with the task. Do your very best not to engage with the thought. If you feel like you are to panicky for this today, try it again tomorrow. :) 

I know more than anything you want reassurance but it really won't be beneficial in the long run, just try and distract yourself and give the thoughts no attention. Once you keep doing this, it will become easier. 

You are not alone and take comfort in that. :) 

I hope you feel better soon. Big hug x