Getting The Time Back

Guest ashipinharbor

Guest ashipinharbor

I wish I hadn't spent so long worrying I was a bad person, when its not true.

I'm a good person, who would not, and could not, hurt anybody.

I feel happysad right now. Happy at OCD's lessened influence, but sad at how long I spent in its clutches

Its funny to think of how my OCD wanted to protect me, but ended up causing me no small amount of grief.

But, the worst is over, and I can breathe again.

Anybody ever feel like that? Like, they just want to curl up and sleep, be comforted in some way, and just let it all out?

Like, I spent so long worrying I was unworthy of love, that I just want to soak up all the love I missed out on, you know?

I don't know where I'm going with this. Just recovery reflections, I guess, and curiosity as to what others think/feel.

I can understand that feeling, it's never very nice. 

Apply Mindfulness to this and get your mind in the present. Start making plans for things that will help you now and start enjoying all the things you have missed out on. Enjoy your recovery, it's a fresh New Year. How about make a scrap book of 2017 and add pictures of all the great stuff you have done and achieved. That way you can look back on great, positive memories! :) 

Edited by Cupcake4
Typo
Guest ashipinharbor
3 minutes ago, Cupcake4 said:

Apply Mindfulness to this and get your mind in the present. Start making plans for things that will help you now and start enjoying all the things you have missed out on. Enjoy your recovery, it's a fresh New Year. How about make a scrap book of 2017 and add pictures of all the great stuff you have done and achieved. That way you can look back on great, positive memories! :) 

I'll try to do this. I don't want OCD to take any more time from me. I like the scrapbook idea, especially.

Thank you :)