Designing OCD Awareness Posters

Hello everyone,

I was given permission by Ashley to ask for some help from anyone that is interested on this forum! I am a second year Graphic Design student at Nottingham Trent University and I am currently doing a typography competition brief for D&AD on a misunderstood, misinterpreted, or underinterpreted community. I myself have OCD and I believe that OCD is largely misunderstood by the public as a disorder that isn't debilitating. I want to create posters that raise awareness for OCD and how a sufferer of OCD may differ in doing 'normal' everyday activities - I am going to study my obsessions and compulsions but I thought I would reach out to other OCD sufferers to see if anyone would like to help.

My idea for this is that anyone that would like to participate could simply reply here (or alternatively if you would like to be more private you can email me on rebeccakatedesign@outlook.com) and explain how they may do an activity differently to someone without OCD. For example, one of mine is before I can leave the house I have to move stuff around in my room to make sure nothing bad will happen to my loved ones. No names will be used in this project and you will remain completely anonymous if you would like to take part! If you want any more information you can also email me on the above email, and I can also show you my work when it is done.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

How about a sufferer trying to peep  out from between hands over the  eyes?This would reflect the emotional response to intrusions   with which so many of us struggle , and the caption could comment on the fear,  threat or revulsion  which underpin the disorder.

Edited by taurean
amendment
  • 2 weeks later...