Stimulate meds to fight OCD?

I was talking with a doctor about constant battles of OCD (diagnosed 12 yrs old) which may also have ADD ties, mainly relationship OCD and constant guilt, ruminating, needs to confess. When other SSRIs have failed in the past, the current doctor I see suggested a stimulant medication like Vyvase to channel those hyper thoughts into other productive things. There is very little information on the internet supporting this. A lot of the material says it will just exasperate your OCD. 

I have been on adderall in the past for ADD and during that whole time of taking it, never suffered from OCD symptoms. Being off of those meds for a year.. the OCD has come back, full throttle. I'm wondering if this will be helpful, but I'm also wondering since the OCD is present, will this medication exasperate my current symptoms. 

My my question is, has anyone had success on prescribed stimulant meds to combat their OCD? If so, please share. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

There are studies indicating that amphetamine could take away OCD, amphetamine is a strong stimulant.

I did take DMAA for a couple of years ago and my ocd got better. it didnt really bother me. Remember i did try to trigger the thoughts but didn't couldn't really bother me. this was when it was legal and i would not do it again, was in combination with weight lifting.

Should you take amphetamine to treat OCD. no ofc not

You should get ocdfree without stimulants

Edited by OCDhavenobrain