OCD - An Actor's Tale (tonight 8pm)

I'm not just saying this because Ian is my friend, but that was a really good little documentary, only so much you can do in 30 minutes but it covered such a lot, including the political aspect for Wales.

I will post the iPlayer link when available.

I have just watched OCD - An Actor's Tale.  The programme highlighted the plight of each of the individual sufferers and the difficulty they have in obtaining CBT. 

I really hope the programme raises the awareness of OCD to others, the lack of available treatment and prompts someone somewhere to invest in the appropriate training.

Congratulations to Ian Puleston-Davies for making the programme.

As a non-sufferer myself (my son has OCD), I thought it was such a good programme to show to friends and family, especially those who struggle to have any understanding of the condition.  Im going to make one of two of mine watch it!

I thought Ian Puleston-Davies presented it well, with compassion and honesty. As ever, the situation in rural areas is even worse than in cities like Cardiff. I couldn't help wondering how many of those taking the CBT training course at Cardiff uni will end up working in North Wales. :dry: Good to see this sort of programme being made, and made well, by someone who understands the problems.   

Congratulations to Ian Puleston-Davies for this good short documentary. It's well presented with honesty and compassion and hopefully it will give people some awareness of how debilitating this disorder really is and how it affects so many people. 

Hopefully this will raise awareness of the lack of treatment available for sufferers and more investments made to improve this in the near future.