I honestly don't now what to do

For the last two years I've been having a doubt theme and every little thing can be a trigger for me to start doubting everything. The doubts are about what I like, what I want to do and what matters to me etc. This is also a theme that has a somewhat "positive" effect as I get really excited if I get excited for something. But most of the time when I'm stuck in this theme I just spend my time questioning everything and analyzing everything an unlike most other themes I can't recognize what is a compulsion and what is not and I'm stuck wondering what I actually am going to do. I'm currently not seeing a therapist, but I feel like it didn't help much when I did. Anyone had similar themes that have any ideas for what I should do?

sounds like you realize that you are doubting things at the moment and this seems to led you to being stuck. You have tried to seek help before by seeking therapy, however this has not worked for you. Has there been a time in your life (recently) when you haven't had this "doubt theme"? if so what kind of things were happening in your life at that time? are the same things happening now?

you mentioned "I'm currently not seeing a therapist, but I feel like it didn't help much when I did" Can I ask what kind of therapy was? also what are you expecting therapy to do?

I am kind of switching between many themes at the moment and I feel like they all sort of contradict each other, but I don't think I go more than maybe three days without this theme. I think I usually know what I should do to deal with most other themes (even if I can't), but with this one I just don't know what to do. Therapy usually makes me feel like things are gradually getting better, but I it didn't really happen with this theme. 

But it feels worse and not relieving, shouldn't there be some kind of relief in compulsions?

Maybe a lot of this has to do with the modern age and having access to so many things, but here's an example: If I ask myself "do I really like this Tv show?" and i watch it just to see it if I like it or not, is that a compulsion, if I watch it just to see if I like it or not and feel relief when I do? And if I don't watch it is that some kind of avoidance? 

Compulsions don't work so no, it's perfectly fine if you feel no relief.

When you get the thought question of whether you like a certain show or not, say to yourself, Who cares? It doesn't matter. Watch it if you want to watch it but save the critique. 

• 3 weeks later...

I still feel pretty much stuck. I think the best solution would to have something to occupy my time with. One thing that makes me sad is that I used to love spending time with myself and now I feel very dependent on others. I feel like this is mostly because I'm not sure what to do when I'm alone. I guess it also makes me feel a bit clingy and worried about being alone too much.

Another thing I notice is that I feel kind of a relief in times when I feel really bad because it makes me feel like I have feelings and there are certain things like my mood that I can't control when I start to doubt everything I feel somewhat emotionless and I worry that I could be able to control my feelings until they don't exist.