So, I'm finding while I wait to see a psychiatrist, I have be managing to put my thoughts to the back of my mind. If I start to think about certain subjects that make me feel panicky I just say to myself that I will deal with these when I see the psychiatrist and can then carry on with sometimes no anxious feeling.

I was find carrying on like this until today. I started thinking maybe my thoughts aren't OCD related as I'm able to push them to one side so easily. 

What everyone's opinion on this?

Hello Vickii

I have times where I seem to be able to push my thoughts to the back of my mind. If I am really stimulated, like when my son is chatting away at 100mph, I seem to switch off from counting or worrying about doing things in the right order, or before something happens. Then it comes back with a bang!

Hopefully, it means that you will do well with therapy and get some peace from these thoughts

Vickii that in itself is a classic OCD thought! 

If you are able to leave the thoughts be and gently ease them away, that's good - that's the plan anyway. 

But there is a necessity in therapy to see them as part of the action of OCD and challenge the core belief that throws up - so that will need to happen in therapy, or you won't be in a recovery mode. 

Edited by taurean