Scared to go to GP

Hi I feel like I really need to move forward and get on with life and get some much needed help instead of having my OCD as a secret to myself. No one to talk to at all about it. I'm very worried if I go to the gp they will see me as a unfit parent and take my child away. I get some absolutely awful thoughts but I'm the best mother I can be and love my child unconditionally. I think I'm suffering from pure o. I also have a fear of going crazy since trying new meds. Sick of all the worry ! I wouldn't even know how to start to try and tell the gp what ones on in my mind. ?? my child's 4 and I think pure OCD started when she was about 1. Sick of suffering in silence ! 

Going to the gp for the first time can be extremely scary... you think you'll be taken away and locked up forever but I can promise you, the gp will be able to see the amount of distress it is causing you and know that these thoughts (No matter how violent or explicit) are unwanted. Once you tell them everything that's run through your mind you will feel a lot of relief I promise. Then you can focus on reducing the anxiety and tackling the thoughts. 

Thanks so much for the reply . I just sometimes feel like a failure of a parent although I do everything a normal parent does I get awful images and thoughts. It makes me feel so guilty and anxious. I've been so worried to speak up because I have a fear they'll take my child away. 

Edited by Lauren

Thanks so much for the reply . I just sometimes feel like a failure of a parent although I do everything a normal parent does I get awful images and thoughts. It makes me feel so guilty and anxious. I've been so worried to speak up because I have a fear they'll take my child away. 

Edited by Lauren

You're only scared that they'll take your child away because you've had images and thoughts, but if these are causing you to feel guilty and anxious and clearly upset and distressed then these will be treated as just thoughts that upset you, the content means nothing. 

It will be scary, but the gp will be able to see that and will know that these thoughts aren't your true intentions, they're just meaningless thoughts that want to panic you