I need your support

Hi, long time no see!

It's been quite a long time since I last posted here. Truth to be told, I've gotten over my two last obsessions (eventually) and also tried to enjoy myself during summer (which I did up until now).

Little background of my rellapse: Last Saturday I went to a rave with some friends. Initially there was only my squad and me, but soon some unknown people would come and join us. I drank a bottle of beer, yet I got quite drunk. There's a period of 1 hour that I don't remember everything as for details. I mean I have memories and stuff. I've always feared blackouts, but I remember making out with two friends of mine, dancing, chatting to people... Later on, i wasn't drunk anymore so I sat with a friend of mine, discussing about life... Then I drove back home, and when I got there a lot of questions popped up in my mind, what if I was so intoxicated that I had sex and I have no memory of it? I barely slept that night, consumed by the anxiety. 

I've been doing ok ever since, but last night (these days are being very boring ) i had this feeling that I must be panicking over the rave, for having gone there, for having no recollection of some moments.. I educated myself on blackouts and If I had something it was a brown out. Can't shake this distressing emotion... Anyhow, I'll be starting treatment soon guys in a specialized clinic, on september 4th! 

Thanks for reading, sending you love?

Hi PAVLIS97,

I'm sorry you're suffering.

A rule: any "What if...?" thought is OCD and to be discarded as meaningless.

All intrusive thoughts are meaningless, have no basis in reality and are to be thrown in the OCD bin! :yes:

Enjoy your day.

With love and support,

Gerard

On 4/8/2017 at 14:00, Gerard said:

A rule: any "What if...?" thought is OCD and to be discarded as meaningless.

Hi Gerard,

Thanks so much for your reply, I highly appreciate it:)

As a rule of thumbs, I pretty much know that works, though sometimes it is hard to pull them out of your mind.

I was back on track until last noon, I kind of screwed up... Not entirely tho.

Wishing you the best.