Not doing well at knowing if this is OCD

Feeling a fraud - was feeling more positive yesterday and giving out advice.  Then last night, my own certainty that what I was feeling was OCD crashed. When putting my shoes on to go home after being st a family member's house, I touched the sole onto my bare foot. Had to continue to put shoe on as normal as I was at someone else's house. If you've read my earlier posts this week, you'll know that I'm anxious about having trodden on someone else's blood whilst out on Tuesday. I tried to do the right thing and didn't wash my foot last night - just went to bed.  Now lying in bed, trying to face getting up and dealing with this as the anxiety has increased overnight, not decreased. Bed clothes now feel all contaminated, as do inside of shoes, floors (even more so than previously) etc. 

I think you need to re-read the responses to previous threads. As fellow sufferers we should not (cannot really) offer reassurance and I think that's what you are seeking as you have gone into so much detail about one incident.

I do not mean that harshly as I have been there and sometimes still subtly do seek reassurance.

You're absolutely right, of course. I really need to just out this one behind me and move on. I know I've made that difficult for myself by spending so much time thinking about it and reacting. Just searching for the certainty that this is OCD - which is so elusive and, I guess, ultimately unattainable.  Struggling to live with uncertainty :( 

The thing is we have to realise sometimes in life there is little certainty and lots of unpredictability.

When we have OCD and take the thoughts so seriously we're magnifying what goes on in a lot of people's heads (which non-sufferers can see as irrational and dismiss) and that's what makes us ill?

Yes, you're right. Just had a wake up call - when I panic, I have a tendency to feel faint.  About 18 months ago, this happened when I was getting ready for work one morning and I passed out and broke my ankle. Feeling really panicky today - just took a shower and could feel myself start to faint. Forced myself to come downstairs, sit down and calm down.  Really can't face another 8 weeks in plaster.