Paying for treatment

I'm just wondering if anyone suffering from OCD, has paid for treatment?

I'm curious about success rates, both as an inpatient and as an outpatient. 

Also, what are we talking cost wise and which companies/ individuals, offer the best treatment?

gary.

I've paid for both sets of cbt I've had.  Gp said that waiting list was too long to bother on the NHS. I think I paid £90-100 per session so it's not something I've been able to afford much of. 

1 hour ago, Chelsie said:

I've paid for both sets of cbt I've had.  Gp said that waiting list was too long to bother on the NHS. I think I paid £90-100 per session so it's not something I've been able to afford much of. 

Is that £90 for an hr? Surely your gp should have put you on the waiting list?

they recommend about 10 plus sessions for OCD.

Edited by Gary.p
Typo

I had some top -up sessions up in central London which were £120 for 45 minutes, but with a highly-qualified clinical psychologist experienced in OCD. 

She practices mindfulness-based CBT for OCD and this approach I found to be very helpful. 

How experienced they are in OCD is vital, as it is a very different beast to anxiety caused just by negative thinking distortions. 

Edited by taurean

I can recommend the practice itself which is The Mindworks based by the North End of London Bridge. 

They have a number of therapists available, and the website shows their particulars. www.themindworks.co.uk

3 hours ago, taurean said:

I had some top -up sessions up in central London which were £120 for 45 minutes, but with a highly-qualified clinical psychologist experienced in OCD. 

She practices mindfulness-based CBT for OCD and this approach I found to be very helpful. 

How experienced they are in OCD is vital, as it is a very different beast to anxiety caused just by negative thinking distortions. 

I've been to group mindfulness sessions and found them very helpful.

i think it's all about finding the right person to treat your OCD.