New movie based on my story

My story is being made into a feature length movie!

This has been in the works for some time but things have advanced far enough that I feel comfortable releasing some information.

A couple of years ago I wrote a book about my life experience with OCD. It's called Truth be Told: A journey from the dark side of OCD. A filmmaker I know became very interested in the story and he started talking about a film project.

Fast forward to today and it's now a reality. Filming starts in a week, in my home town. Much of the crew is already here doing whatever it is they do.

I'm listed as the story consultant and I'll be helping the lead actor understand what OCD is like.

The film is not 100% true to my book. It diverges in several places and certainly has a much different ending. But many key components of my book will be replicated in the movie.

The cool thing is that I get to see the production as it unfolds and be a part of it. 

I know who the lead is but I can't divulge that bit of news until the producers release the information to the media.

I'll update here as things progress. If you have any questions I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Thanks. Yes it is weird.

The book is called Truth be Told: A journey from the dark side of OCD. It's available on Amazon.

I was multi-obsessional but the ones that troubled me the most were harm and pedophile thoughts.

I should say that the movie is called I'm not a bad person.

Wow Bear first a book then a film - and it should do so much for awareness. And also encourage sufferers to step forwards and seek treatment. 

This is really wonderful news, how exciting :)

That's great news PB, I have a copy of your book by the way. I hope all goes well and I look forward to seeing the film, do you know roughly when it will be released in the UK?

Congratulations PolarBear, that's wonderful news :yes: 

How exciting this is for you, i will really look forward to seeing it :)

One quick question, will it have a happy ending of you being an Ex-Sufferer? 

I expect PB will be interviewed by the media when release gets near - might even get on a TV chat show. 

For a short while I did some film and television insurance work PB - and I have been in the TV studios - I think you will find the film-making interesting but slow. But how wonderful. 

14 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Thanks. Yes it is weird.

The book is called Truth be Told: A journey from the dark side of OCD. It's available on Amazon.

I was multi-obsessional but the ones that troubled me the most were harm and pedophile thoughts.

I should say that the movie is called I'm not a bad person.

I'm going to get a copy of your book.

to state your an ex sufferer of the above OCD, is probably an inspiration to many. It will be interesting to see how the topic is covered in the media. Most people still seem to think that everyone with OCD is an obsessional cleaner or organiser.

it may be worth practising your signature PB, to deal with the autograph hunters! .

On a serious note it's good that OCD will be shown for what it can be, sometimes involving taboo subjects that make suffers reluctant to get help for fear of what others may think of their thoughts. I hope it will help expose the myth that OCD is only about hand washing or having things neatly arranged.

Edited by Avo

Wow! PolarBear, that's so amazing! Congratulations! Can't wait to find out who the lead is? I have a few favourites, so here's hoping. Can't wait to see it! It's so great that you'll be so involved in the making! ?

• 2 weeks later...

I can now announce the names of the principal actors.

Playing me is Tim Guinee. My wife is being portrayed by Chelah Horsdal. And our son is being portrayed by Ryan Grantham. 

Strangely, Tim and I have the same birthday. 

We've been to the main set and even seen some takes they've finished. It's all so cool.

On 29/08/2017 at 23:29, PolarBear said:

I can now announce the names of the principal actors.

Playing me is Tim Guinee. My wife is being portrayed by Chelah Horsdal. And our son is being portrayed by Ryan Grantham. 

Strangely, Tim and I have the same birthday. 

We've been to the main set and even seen some takes they've finished. It's all so cool.

It Sounds like a wonderful experience PolarBear, can't wait to watch it :)