New movie based on my story

No, it's a suspense / love story. It will follow certain parts of my life fairly closely. Dovetails with parts of the book quite accurately.

One of the goals of the movie is to get people to think. It will expose people to the concepts of harm and pedophile OCD. It also asks the question, why are some people so quick to judge others when they don't have all the facts.

Interestingly, the production company that is doing this movie made their last movie in Norway. It's called Violent. None of them speak a word of Norwegian but that's the language used in the movie with English subtitles. It won the best movie award at the Vancouver Film Festival and was one of ten movies being considered as Canada's entry in the Best Foreign Film category at last year's Academy Awards.

On 05/09/2017 at 21:39, PolarBear said:

One of the goals of the movie is to get people to think. It will expose people to the concepts of harm and pedophile OCD. It also asks the question, why are some people so quick to judge others when they don't have all the facts.

Huge congratulations on getting your book turned into a film, Polar Bear. :clapping: That's a big achievement. :thumbup:

I've read your book :yes: and think the film will also have the potential to do a great deal of good in raising OCD awareness. 

The actors have good credentials, the film crew have good credentials, but as every writer knows the most important element to a movie is the script! :a1_cheesygrin:  Who's the screenwriter on your project? 

The screenwriter is also the director, Andrew Huculiak. I've read the script and been blown away by it. It isn't a play by play of what OCD is and how it's treated. But people who watch it will say, hey I never knew OCD could be about that topic. That's worth something. I really do think the movie will be cause for discussion.

I googled him and the film 'Violent'. Sounds like you're in very capable hands. When the screenwriter directs it's sure to stay true to the intended message/theme. 

Way to go, Polar Bear! Look forward to seeing the film on TV in due course. (Yeah I'll have to wait til the BBC pick it up, but I'm certain they will in time.) :) 

On ‎07‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 04:16, PolarBear said:

Interestingly, the production company that is doing this movie made their last movie in Norway. It's called Violent. None of them speak a word of Norwegian but that's the language used in the movie with English subtitles. It won the best movie award at the Vancouver Film Festival and was one of ten movies being considered as Canada's entry in the Best Foreign Film category at last year's Academy Awards.

oi, så kult! ikke hørt om den filmen før.

that was Norwegian xD transalated: wow, thats cool! havent heard about that movie before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably, but I am a bit of a dreamer, and maybe you will be interviewed on Canadian TV - I have been on TV and radio, it's actually quite fun. 

Whatever - it will be great awareness plus hopefully encourage people not to suffer in silence and go seek help.