Fear of being judged of GP incase they don't understand.

This may be a long post I hope someone can read and give me advice. I've been going through stress lately which has totally sparked up my OCD. Round about last year I used to have stupid thoughts about the "devil" after watching a video of someone who was mental with a devil trapped inside their head. (I think that sparked it) ever since I'd have images of him sitting in the back of my car. Thoughts of him running towards me while I go to the toilet on a night etc. I sound crazy but it wasn't scary because I know they're just stupid thoughts it was more distressing . Since my stress levels have went well up I now keep getting stupid thoughts 

"am I the devil" 

"is my boyfriend the devil" 

example thoughts ! Also again I probably sound crazy I'm not I know there's no such thing as the devil doesn't mean my thoughts aren't distressing . 

I think I suffer from pure OCD and intrusive unwanted images. 

Can imagine going to the GP and being put in a mental health until because they think I'm crazy or a unfit parent. Suffer in silence the rest of my life or take the chance to go to the doctors and try and explain? Petrified if I didn't have a child I'd be at the docs it's the thought of my being took away or me being labelled not fit to parent even know I know I'm a great parent I just have daily struggles inside my own head. It's getting exhausting ! Thanks for any replays in advance 

Are you in the UK? You self refer now, so if you have concerns go to the NHS talking therapies website and refer yourself. Took roughly 5 days for an assessor to call me back, we went over some questionnaires, depression scale, filled in an OCD questionnaire. She then took that away and spoke to her supervisor who said it was all very common what I’d told her, and I was displaying the symptoms of OCD.

Your route then is up to you - they put you on a waiting list depending on your area, mine could be 3-4 months so I’ve taken the option of seeing someone privately.

the outlay of 60 quid a session does not compare to the utterly **** and horrible days I have currently, doubting everything about myself.

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

This may be a long post I hope someone can read and give me advice. I've been going through stress lately which has totally sparked up my OCD. Round about last year I used to have stupid thoughts about the "devil" after watching a video of someone who was mental with a devil trapped inside their head. (I think that sparked it) ever since I'd have images of him sitting in the back of my car. Thoughts of him running towards me while I go to the toilet on a night etc. I sound crazy but it wasn't scary because I know they're just stupid thoughts it was more distressing . Since my stress levels have went well up I now keep getting stupid thoughts 

"am I the devil" 

"is my boyfriend the devil" 

example thoughts ! Also again I probably sound crazy I'm not I know there's no such thing as the devil doesn't mean my thoughts aren't distressing . 

I think I suffer from pure OCD and intrusive unwanted images. 

Can imagine going to the GP and being put in a mental health until because they think I'm crazy or a unfit parent. Suffer in silence the rest of my life or take the chance to go to the doctors and try and explain? Petrified if I didn't have a child I'd be at the docs it's the thought of my being took away or me being labelled not fit to parent even know I know I'm a great parent I just have daily struggles inside my own head. It's getting exhausting ! Thanks for any replays in advance 

Please dont make the same mistake I did and not go to the doctor because of fear.

I didnt go to the doctor to get help with my **** for literally years and years, but i have, and they were SO understanding, put me on medication, seen a psychiatrist, got a psychologist appointment now. I'm still really having to fight second to second let alone day to day but the doctor wont judge you, they will just want to help you.

Sorry I cant help more

Edited by DavidDavid

Hi,  sorry this is long. First time Iv typed let alone said the words so this might not make huge sense. 

iv just recently joined the Forum. I'm wondering the same, how do I self refer? Iv not spoken to my GP about it. Iv not spoken to anyone. I'm 26 and live on my own since about 17. I have thoughts that something will happen to my cats (for the first 3 years I was that scared they were house cats) or to me now, like them getting purposely hit by a car or something coming to kill me or me even strangle someone who sleeps next to me (im single by the way) etc etc. 

Since my Nan passed nearly two years ago it's gotten worse and expanded into work that my colleagues make jokes as I stack cups up in a certain number and pattern (I don't however do this at home) etc.  

My thoughts are severe at times but my habits I do sometimes manage to calm but then certain things trigger me again. I feel some things I "don't have" to do but others if I try and play the waiting game it just aggravates me a lot.