Brain, stop! I need to sleep...

Can you tell yourself you will worry about them in the morning? And you will probably have forgotten them by then. I find if I stay up late then I get them one after the other sometimes but if I go to bed more or less on time I don't get them.

Have you tried meditation before bed it helps to relax and prepare you for sleep. Also peaceful music and a chapter of a book together, help me to block out the thoughts enough that when I finish the chapter I go to sleep much more easily. Last resort get up for 20mins and do something to distract the thoughts then try again.

Hope it helps. Stay positive and don't get frustrated with it as that's when things escalate.

4 hours ago, SB21 said:

Have you tried meditation before bed it helps to relax and prepare you for sleep. Also peaceful music and a chapter of a book together, help me to block out the thoughts enough that when I finish the chapter I go to sleep much more easily. Last resort get up for 20mins and do something to distract the thoughts then try again.

Hope it helps. Stay positive and don't get frustrated with it as that's when things escalate.

This is sound advice. Nice one SB. ?