What have you done today to make you feel PROUD?

Feeling really low at the moment and so i thought it would be a good idea to concentrate on the positives of each day. August 30th- 

1. I was staying at my Grandmas and After having thoughts of harming my family all through the early hours of the morning, I challenged it and managed to get some sleep. I then went on to spend the whole day with them- despite desperately wanting to go home and hide during the early hours of the morning. 

2. I'm doing really well with my family tree! 

Edited by Haayleey96
Mispelling
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you. :)

I called a tree company to cut some branches off my tree that are touching the roof even though I'm so scared of them (the branches, the tree cutting people) touching things that could be on the roof (due to my contamination OCD). (Heard a rat last night trying to get in upstairs).

58 minutes ago, bwelagain said:

Well done for not giving into avoidance.

Tonight, I went shopping online instead of constantly reassurance seeking by googling all things ocd.

Well done! What an amazing step! X

16 minutes ago, orange said:

Good for you. :)

I called a tree company to cut some branches off my tree that are touching the roof even though I'm so scared of them (the branches, the tree cutting people) touching things that could be on the roof (due to my contamination OCD). (Heard a rat last night trying to get in upstairs).

Well done for facing your fears! Massive step forward! 

7 hours ago, Haayleey96 said:

Feeling really low at the moment and so i thought it would be a good idea to concentrate on the positives of each day. August 30th- 

1. I was staying at my Grandmas and After having thoughts of harming my family all through the early hours of the morning, I challenged it and managed to get some sleep. I then went on to spend the whole day with them- despite desperately wanting to go home and hide during the early hours of the morning. 

2. I'm doing really well with my family tree! 

Well done????.

ive been attending meetings the past 3 weeks with "Triumph over phobia". 

Ive found it really difficult talking about my harm OCD in front of others, but I'm still going and challenging my negative thoughts.

i actually believed everyone would think I was evil, but guess what? They are all very accepting.

AI've been sitting with my really uncomfortable anxiety and thoughts rather than entering full blown panic and I'm already starting to feel stronger ? I spent the evening doing my nails and watching videos and felt nice and relaxed for once!

I confronted the thoughts. Only in small doses and at times I still find that scary, but my therapist told me to basically push the thought rather than shy away from it.

As I said it’s still a scary prospect and I don’t like to think about it really so small steps, but I’m using the method of just seeing the thoughts and when they come, purposely repeating them over and over 10 times to make them boring.

1 hour ago, Gary.p said:

Well done????.

ive been attending meetings the past 3 weeks with "Triumph over phobia". 

Ive found it really difficult talking about my harm OCD in front of others, but I'm still going and challenging my negative thoughts.

i actually believed everyone would think I was evil, but guess what? They are all very accepting.

Oh my goodness that's amazing! Well done! Proving OCD wrong ? and that it will not defeat You! 

15 minutes ago, FightingTheBrain said:

I confronted the thoughts. Only in small doses and at times I still find that scary, but my therapist told me to basically push the thought rather than shy away from it.

As I said it’s still a scary prospect and I don’t like to think about it really so small steps, but I’m using the method of just seeing the thoughts and when they come, purposely repeating them over and over 10 times to make them boring.

Well done You! The smallest steps are the biggest ones! 

P.S. I need to try that technique! 

1 hour ago, Miranda123 said:

AI've been sitting with my really uncomfortable anxiety and thoughts rather than entering full blown panic and I'm already starting to feel stronger ? I spent the evening doing my nails and watching videos and felt nice and relaxed for once!

Well done You mighty challenger! ? 

What a great post, you should all be feeling really proud of your achievements, you've done so well :cheer:

Keep up the great work, stand tall, be proud, and praise yourself for every achievement :yes:

I made a big achievement last night, working on the higher end of my heirachy that I've been struggling with for some time now :yes: I spent five and half hours totally alone, a two hour round train trip and two hours with strangers :cheer:

We can do this :yes:

I seem to recall the title to the thread being a song from M People sung by Heather Small? Maybe my memory serves me wrong, but it's a great line :)

I put a new shelf in to a cupboard today, so my wife can use it to store towels. It had to be a strong shelf with strong dowels to support it - and it took some sawing so I am tired but happy. 

Like lost I am working at the top end of my trigger hierarchy. And took a trip shopping with my wife yesterday up into central London, which had me running the gauntlet of triggers in the form of posters in the interchanges. 

I did fine - I have refined my exposure techniques thanks to therapy and help from members here, so coped well, and refocused away nicely :)

I went back into town today, even though I woke up with high anxiety this morning, doubting myself again.

I managed to go into lots of shops and actually look at stuff, even accessorie and bought myself a few bits of clothes.. I'm not saying I'm able to enjoy shopping the way I did before I became ill again, but up until a couple of weeks ago I was in bed almost 24/7, so the fact that I am now pushing myself to go out is huge. As we all know, ocd will shrink our world if we succumb to avoidance as I had been doing.

Yes, I found myself scanning for triggers, having intrusive thoughts and doubting myself periodically, but I tried my best to relabel it all as ocd amidst the doubt.

No amount of meds or therapy is going to help us if we don't be strong and realise that we need to also be prepared to help ourselves.

This is a really inspiring thread.

11 hours ago, lostinme said:

What a great post, you should all be feeling really proud of your achievements, you've done so well :cheer:

Keep up the great work, stand tall, be proud, and praise yourself for every achievement :yes:

I made a big achievement last night, working on the higher end of my heirachy that I've been struggling with for some time now :yes: I spent five and half hours totally alone, a two hour round train trip and two hours with strangers :cheer:

We can do this :yes:

That is amazing lostinme! Yes, we can all keep going ?

1 hour ago, bwelagain said:

I went back into town today, even though I woke up with high anxiety this morning, doubting myself again.

I managed to go into lots of shops and actually look at stuff, even accessorie and bought myself a few bits of clothes.. I'm not saying I'm able to enjoy shopping the way I did before I became ill again, but up until a couple of weeks ago I was in bed almost 24/7, so the fact that I am now pushing myself to go out is huge. As we all know, ocd will shrink our world if we succumb to avoidance as I had been doing.

Yes, I found myself scanning for triggers, having intrusive thoughts and doubting myself periodically, but I tried my best to relabel it all as ocd amidst the doubt.

No amount of meds or therapy is going to help us if we don't be strong and realise that we need to also be prepared to help ourselves.

This is a really inspiring thread.

That's amazing bwelagain! Well done on facing your fears and on confronting the challenge! Keep winning! You can do it! ?

Those fears and obsessions that trouble us are OCD setting restrictions to take away more and more of the enjoyment from our lives. 

So we have to stand up to it, refuse to give in to it. 

A dose of anxiety taken on and faced up to isn't going to hurt us. And when we carry out exposure, feel the anxiety but then realise the worthless nonsense that is our obsession, the anxiety will start to ease and the power drain out of the thoughts and triggers. 

Bwelagain, well done you - you are on your way - but don't get too confident, take small steps going forward - or the OCD will hit back big time.

It's a marathon not a sprint, and we must never underestimate the power of the OCD. 

Edited by taurean
3 hours ago, taurean said:

I seem to recall the title to the thread being a song from M People sung by Heather Small? Maybe my memory serves me wrong, but it's a great line :)

I put a new shelf in to a cupboard today, so my wife can use it to store towels. It had to be a strong shelf with strong dowels to support it - and it took some sawing so I am tired but happy. 

Like lost I am working at the top end of my trigger hierarchy. And took a trip shopping with my wife yesterday up into central London, which had me running the gauntlet of triggers in the form of posters in the interchanges. 

I did fine - I have refined my exposure techniques thanks to therapy and help from members here, so coped well, and refocused away nicely :)

That would be correct Taurean! A very catchy song ?. 

That's fantastic! I hope you had a fabulous day in London! And well done on facing and defeating triggers! We can all do this providing we have the right amount of help& techniques. 

What a great post! I walked my son to the school gate this morning despite his dad being there and offering to do it and let me wait in the car, it sounds so silly but I was panicking about panicking this morning! I also spoke to a friend on the phone who is the focus of my obsession at present, I knew I'd feel guilty  while talking to her but we stayed on the phone for over an hour and had a nice catch up :) xx

There is inspiration for all of us in sharing our challenges in this way. 

Why should we let a disorder we didn't ask for ruin our lives?  When we know what we need to do, let's get doing it. 

But go carefully, it can and will be ready to bite us back, so be ready, and watchful.