What have you done today to make you feel PROUD?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went for a food shop with my friend who I've been dreading seeing because I have been obsessing about something related to her, then we went to the library together this evening, only for a short while but I'm proud I didn't bottle it as I was having severe anxiety before we met up!

That's great wonderer, you should be feeling really proud of what you've achieved, so proud of you flower :cheer:

Its fantastic to see how we are all trying to apply changes, so many positive posts, I'm so proud of you all your doing so well :cheer:

We can all do this :yes: please don't worry ? about making mistakes, because whilst we are making mistakes it proves we are still trying :yes:

keep up the great work everyone your doing great :cheer:

1 hour ago, lostinme said:

That's great wonderer, you should be feeling really proud of what you've achieved, so proud of you flower :cheer:

Its fantastic to see how we are all trying to apply changes, so many positive posts, I'm so proud of you all your doing so well :cheer:

We can all do this :yes: please don't worry ? about making mistakes, because whilst we are making mistakes it proves we are still trying :yes:

keep up the great work everyone your doing great :cheer:

You should be so proud of yourself wonderer! We so can lostinme, we all have the strength inside us. 

I have lived life to the full today, exactly as I did pre relapse.

I have had fun and laughed loads today. I am happy again, so deliriously happy.

I am in the early stage of recovery.

I used to say that "Life is a wonderful gift". That is exactly how I feel once more.

Ocd DOES NOT and SHALL NEVER AGAIN define me!!!!

Edited by bwelagain
9 hours ago, Haayleey96 said:

You should be so proud of yourself wonderer! We so can lostinme, we all have the strength inside us. 

We do Haayleey96, 

All of us fellow sufferers are stronger and braver than we give ourselves credit for. Even though we may not be really aware of it, we use our inner strength and courage to live with this dreaded disorder every minute of every day, day in, day out, so wouldnt it be better for all of us to use this to aid in our recovery rather than our survival. 

Come on guys I'm rooting for each and every one of you, we can do this,  I know it won't be easy at times and quite often we will fall, but when we do we need to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and start again. If we don't succeed the first time try and try again. Don't worry about making any mistakes along the way, because whilst we are making mistakes we are still trying. 

"Have faith in ourselves"

"Never give up hope" 

"Where there's a will there's a way"

:cheer:

9 hours ago, bwelagain said:

I have lived life to the full today, exactly as I did pre relapse.

I have had fun and laughed loads today. I am happy again, so deliriously happy.

I am in the early stage of recovery.

I used to say that "Life is a wonderful gift". That is exactly how I feel once more.

Ocd DOES NOT and SHALL NEVER AGAIN define me!!!!

Well done! bwelagain, 

You should be really proud of yourself keep up the great work :cheer:You can do this. 

Wow, well done everyone! Amazing success stories!

I have become a lot less sensitized to the thoughts and feel calmer and a better sense of well being in general. I am staying late at work to help out in our factory; keeps me busy in the evenings and earns me a bit more money too!

I also have my first session with a new therapist tomorrow evening, really looking forward too it.

4 minutes ago, Haayleey96 said:

I've had a day of rearranging my room- building new furniture. A friend stayed over last night and her and my family came and helped me move stuff around. Been a very productive day, with no anxiety! 

That's so brilliant! ?

11 hours ago, Miranda123 said:

I have become a lot less sensitized to the thoughts and feel calmer and a better sense of well being in general. I am staying late at work to help out in our factory; keeps me busy in the evenings and earns me a bit more money too!

I also have my first session with a new therapist tomorrow evening, really looking forward too it.

That's great Miranda 123, your doing great :cheer: keep up the good work :)

That's wonderful news, your first session to begin your road to recovery :yes:

17 minutes ago, Haayleey96 said:

I've had a day of rearranging my room- building new furniture. A friend stayed over last night and her and my family came and helped me move stuff around. Been a very productive day, with no anxiety! 

That's great news Haayleey, well done :cheer:

19 hours ago, Miranda123 said:

That's such great news. 

Lovely to hear how positive you are about your new therapy. ?

4 hours ago, OceanDweller said:

Stayed clean and sober throughout a difficult time. It might not mean much to those unfamiliar with addiction, but it's a source of immense personal pride.

That's so awesome OceanDweller and so are you! ?

4 hours ago, OceanDweller said:

Stayed clean and sober throughout a difficult time. It might not mean much to those unfamiliar with addiction, but it's a source of immense personal pride.

That's fantastic OceanDweller! Well done! You've done absolutely fabulous you should be truly proud of yourself :yes: and what you've achieved so far:clapping:

2 hours ago, Emsie said:

That's so awesome OceanDweller and so are you! ?

2 hours ago, lostinme said:

That's fantastic OceanDweller! Well done! You've done absolutely fabulous you should be truly proud of yourself :yes: and what you've achieved so far:clapping:

Emsie and lost... a sincere thank you. ?

Well done Ocean Dweller, you should rightly be proud of yourself. This is a very positive thread, I haven't posted on it (until now) but I do keep up to date with it. It's a great thing to read. Pats on the back for everyone!

30 minutes ago, Avo said:

Well done Ocean Dweller, you should rightly be proud of yourself. This is a very positive thread, I haven't posted on it (until now) but I do keep up to date with it. It's a great thing to read. Pats on the back for everyone!

Thank you Avo. Much appreciated.

I have kept myself very beneficially busy; and have just updated my profile picture by taking a fresh one using my webcam, sitting here in my home office, then cropping it to reduce its size (to fit under the forum profile pic datacap), finally  uploading it as my profile picture :photo:

That's good Roy, I thought there was something different :lol: I'm not very observent am I :D

Ive had a good day too, finally made myself two cups of tea again :yes: so now I've started  i need to keep it going and get back on track with this. Also I made myself a jacket potatoes, cheese and coleslaw, it doesn't sound like a major deal, but believe me it is, my anxiety is sky high and OCD is throwing all sorts at me, but I'm just thinking I may well have done or may well not have done, I'm not buying into any of it. Eventually my anxiety will come back down, I've ate it all and drank it all, so I've done it, I'm back to work again. I've been out and about 3 times today as well so I'm doing it. Bring it on OCD I'm ready for you :yes: you bully. 

5 minutes ago, lostinme said:

believe me it is, my anxiety is sky high and OCD is throwing all sorts at me, but I'm just thinking I may well have done or may well not have done, I'm not buying into any of it.

Good - its all just OCD, don't connect with it -  "it's just my silly obsession". 

1 hour ago, lostinme said:

Ive had a good day too, finally made myself two cups of tea again :yes: so now I've started  i need to keep it going and get back on track with this. Also I made myself a jacket potatoes, cheese and coleslaw, it doesn't sound like a major deal, but believe me it is, my anxiety is sky high and OCD is throwing all sorts at me, but I'm just thinking I may well have done or may well not have done, I'm not buying into any of it. Eventually my anxiety will come back down, I've ate it all and drank it all, so I've done it, I'm back to work again. I've been out and about 3 times today as well so I'm doing it. Bring it on OCD I'm ready for you :yes: you bully. 

So amazing, you are a warrior Lost! ?

9 minutes ago, Emsie said:

So amazing, you are a warrior Lost! ?

Thank you Emsie, you are so kind :yes: Its important we remember to never give up hope " Where there's a will there's a way" sometimes it's just a case of finding it. Perseverance is the key ? 

How are you ? Hope you keeping well :yes: