Mark Freeman - Nottingham, Tue 24th October

Some of you will know Mark from his YouTube channel Everybodyhasabrain well he is in the UK in October and as very kindly offered to host a small workshop for our members.  It will be in Nottingham on Tue 24th Oct from 6-9pm and space is limited to 12 people.

So if you are interested in attending please let me know, but please only reserve a space if you intend to come along.  It will be free for OCD-UK members, although I will ask for a small donation (fiver or whatever you can afford) to help cover costs of room hire and Mark's accommodation.  If you're not a member and would like to attend you will need to join OCD-UK and contact me. 

Synopsis
This is a workshop to learn visual thinking skills that can support you through the process of making complex changes in your life, like the changes involved with building better mental health. You'll be learning how to draw a map to help navigate a change you'd like to make, and you'll leave with the knowledge to apply these skills to other challenges you'll encounter on the journey ahead. And there'll be plenty of time to discuss any recovery-related questions you might have.

About Mark: 
Mark Freeman is the author of The Mind Workout, he makes YouTube videos about recovery from mental illness, and he works with people around the world as a peer support coach, sharing tools that helped him on his own journey of recovery from OCD and a bunch of other mental illness diagnoses. You can learn more about Mark and his work at www.markfreeman.ca

I checked out Mark Freeman's website. Very impressed with how he explains stuff, his attitude and philosophy. :yes: 

I can't make it to the workshop, but I'm enthralled by his book, 'The Mind Workout.'  Exactly the sort of book I was trying to write (CBT, ACT and mindfulness, combined with business world methods and mental health exercises) only he's done it much, much better than I ever could. Still reading...and looking forward to discovering the remaining chapters. :) 

Anyone able to get to the workshop, but not sure yet  - go! I'd attend if I could. 

this workshop would be something I would try to get to if I had already made my move to The Midlands . Sadly, we are extremely busy on that for the foreseeable future, but it looks a no-brainer for anyone who is able to get there.  

If I had already made my own move to the Midlands I would be up for this - plus  we Iove Jury's Inn hotels so I would no doubt stay over.

But we are right in the mix of getting ready to sell and buy, and I am therefore otherwise engaged. :(

Never mind - things should be so much better for us when we have made this move, and I look forward to feedback here from those lucky enough to be able to attend this event.